• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Title

• Yes :thumbsup:

• No :thumbsdown:

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
No. I don't want people to chase social capital even more here. Leave that shit to Twitter.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
No but it could be interesting instead to imagine a feature where people could publish reviews of games ad it would be somehow linked to the forum. Associating blogs and forums somehow.And we could see what ratings users gave to a specific game for example.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would just be posting for teh internet pointz, telling themselves, "hmm what should I post in this thread to get them likes especially on the first page to set the tone?" Some people here already do that, now imagine the pressure that'll be on them to keep doing that if there's a "likes" system. Keep that out of here.

I have more likes than you therefore I feel good about myself. You? Who even are you? Have you seen my likes?

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
No. If you're fishing for likes there are tons of other platforms out there.

I like that people actually have to respond to things and not just click a thumbs up or down.

OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I like that people actually have to respond to things and not just click a thumbs up or down.
I have seen many posts in this forum where someone is just quoted and nothing besides a "yes," "lol" or "." was added.

You might as well implement a like feature at that point and cut down on those posts. 🤔

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Only if total received likes are not listed on people's profiles. Being able to like posts helps cut down on contentless "I agree" posting and can help reassure people that others are reading and caring about what they have to say, but if you have a total score it easily becomes a status thing, which I think is less than great.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Normal you should clarify what you mean because a lot of people don't know how Liking works in this forum system and aren't using critical thinking, so they'll vote assuming you mean it should be like reddit where posts change order based on Likes

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
200.gif

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
It would certainly cut down on repetitive posting if someone has said something better than you could.

Also saves having to quote a post just to say LOL

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I have seen many posts in this forum where someone is just quoted and nothing besides a "yes," "lol" or "." was added.

You might as well implement a like feature at that point and cut down on those posts. 🤔
Even if it doesn't add much it is still a user you can respond and communicate to if need be. If you want to cut down on that type of posting likes are the last thing you should want.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the shit posting would get out of hand by people that want that quick "I got likes"-rush.
It would also turn discussions into "lol I got more likes than you so I am right" garbage.

like and subscribe to my future postings, don't forget to ring the bell to get notifications and don't forget: eat the rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.