• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think having Game Pass on Playstation would be shooting themselves in the foot?

• Yes! Would be stupid for Sony to have Game pass on their platform

• No! Especially if they get to keep COD on Playstation in exchange

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerEDM

Banned
May 7, 2020
Do you think having Game Pass on Playstation would be shooting themselves in the foot? Or do you think it wouldn't hurt Playstation much? How about if they got to keep Call of Duty in exchange for having Game Pass on their console? Discuss all things related to Game pass on Playstation!

Dec 6, 2021
Not sure the economics behind this but in my case, I will choose a Ps5 instead of a XSX. Buying exclusives on PS Store and non exclusives in Game Pass

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
It would pretty much only benefit Playstation in the long run, and would probably actively harm Microsoft/Game Pass in the long run.

Game Pass on Playstation at this point in time would pretty much smother Game Pass growth and severely limit not only how much it can grow but how much money Microsoft could make (through DLC sales, sales of third party content, etc) because it would just make Playstation the de-facto console to own

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I legitimately don't want to hear the fucking words "Microsoft", "Game Pass", "Sony", "buy", or "do you think" for at least a month right now.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
So can I expect era to return to normal starting next week?
Era will never be the same, Microsoft have enacted some fanboy dreams with their acquisition of 2 major publishers. I mean you have people championing them to gobble up even more, the console warz is at a critical state lol.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It would be great for consumers, but not so much Sony. They'd lose their cut of software sales for some games...unless they could get a percentage of GP revenue from being allowed on their platform, which I don't see happening.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are more posts complaining about the thread than participating. Just don't post and the thread will drop people, the complaining keeps it towards the top. (Like this meta complaint will)

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Impossible to say without precise terms of such a deal. Which even if it ever happens we'll unlikely see.

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
MS said if there's a 1000 threads on Era about it in a week they'll make it happen. Gotta be close now.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Of course, it's complete nonsense. Even if it's a "Game Pass Lite" limited to first party titles, the only thing it does is encourage Microsoft to continue buying studios/publishers.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
its-groundhog-day-again-reporting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.