• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
I just saw the Senate intel committee proclaim that it hasn't found evidence of it. That could be a precursor to the Mueller finding. He can use that as an excuse against all his opponents.

What do you think?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the investigation will end before the next election and still think he has a good chance to win.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I don't think the investigation will end before the next election and still think he has a good chance to win.
If Mueller has strong evidence that Trump is a Russian stooge, then I think they will have no choice but to take the fucker down BEFORE the election, or it will be too late. I already wonder if it's too late NOW. It has basically been a coup.

jcnet

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Either way you look at it he's a serial killer.

se·ri·al kill·erDictionary result for serial killer
noun
noun: serial killer; plural noun: serial killers
  1. a person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behavior pattern.

Trump is unpredictable though so the keyword in that definition is TYPICALLY... by that definition he is a serial killer through his actions and those that have died from his policy implementation. Hopefully Serial Killer X is behind bars soon.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea. I don't think it's the issue most voters have with him though.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably depends more on pocketbook issues one way or the other. I don't think the majority of people in this country are more civically engaged than what they pay for gas or how big their tax refund is.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't think it matters either way, it really comes down to how good of a canidate the democrats put up against Trump.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He has massive support in the manufacturing belt. But he has also pissed off pretty much every established political base. Tough call, but maybe yes.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
No. He barely won in 2016 if only through the technicality of the Electoral College. Since then people are now mad about the tax returns, he's failed to build a wall and will continue to fail and polling shows most Americans don't want a wall. He's always going to have a base but I think just about any Democratic candidate has a good chance of winning most of the swing states.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

noun
  1. a person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behavior pattern.

Trump is unpredictable though so the keyword in that definition is TYPICALLY... by that definition he is a serial killer through his actions and those that have died from his policy implementation. Hopefully Serial Killer X is behind bars soon.

Uh okay

Every US President has killed people. Deliberately.
Environment and healthcare are going to be election deciders, not the Russia investigation.

Environment? Nah. As much as I wish that were the case, most people just don't give a shit. Economy over all else.

If the economy tanks he's done. Otherwise, 50/50.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Yes

It will be the perfect political tool for the GOP, to say they were right in calling it a fake witch hunt, and that it was a democratic plot

Many voters will be so demoralized that they will stay home on election day, and many others will be motivated to show up out of spite, demoralization and spite being the last two remaining dregs of the American character

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would say regardless of how the chips fall he will always have a chance

Democrats absolutely cannot falter or get complacent. His base does not care and his incompetence has all but been normalized

And we just read wall street is willing to "hold their nose" and vote for him to stand against democrats that are targeting their pocketbooks

Its war and there will be no easy victory here. Dems need to rally up and stay on message or we face another 4 years of this shit show

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if he's bang to rights. He's still going to win the next election.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
1) why isn't this a poll?

2) the Senate Intel committee is split on the findings:

3) the Senate Intel produced no tangible convictions, meaning they know less than the special counsel:

4) the special counsel is currently circling the wagons around Manafort selling internal campaign polling data in fall 2016 to a Russian spy. Rick Gates was there so they have receipts:

Archaic

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I just saw the Senate intel committee proclaim that it hasn't found evidence of it. That could be a precursor to the Mueller finding.
That's not what the committee said at all, and it is in no way a precursor to a Mueller finding.

What GOP Senate Intel chair Richard Burr said in his interview with CBS was that Americans would have to read the report the Senate eventually creates and then decide for themselves whether it's collusion. NBC in their reporting then used a quote from this interview in which Burr said the Senate committee hadn't found any confession or explicit contracts yet, something which is entirely irrelevant to the fact that we've got this whole pile of inculpatory evidence that's already lead to multiple incitements, arrests, and convictions.
(Seriously, what kind of contracts do they expect to find? isyoutakingnotesonacriminalfuckingconspiracy.gif )

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

noun

Uhh

Is this a joke?

Oct 25, 2017
He's going to win, but not because he'll be found innocent of collusion, and not because his opponents won't be good enough, but because the American electorate is fucking trash.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nah 2016 was a fluke and we were unprepared for Russian meddling. Now that independents have been shown unquestionably that Trump is basically a shit-filled marshmallow, I refuse to believe this country is stupid enough to let the 35% call the shots this time

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Dems won in 2018, didn't they? Besides Mueller can't really release his findings or say anything close to an election.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Bush got reelected in 2004 after the public knew that the entire Iraq war was based on a complete lie, I see no reason why Trump wouldn't be elected also again

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
People being "sure" he would lose last time is part of the reason he won so I would want to avoid that kind of thinking

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
@emptywheel on Twitter says this committee has nowhere near the info Mueller does. Their conclusions are incomplete. There's more than enough smoke with all these subpoenas and arrests to assume there's fire. Trump isn't getting away Scott free.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, but there isn't a reality where Trump doesn't end up in jail. Considering everything we've found out, all the shit that states are pulling to ensure the even after a pardon, Trump can still be prosecuted, it would be a miracle if he got off without a conviction.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I think he'll win again either way because the voters in this country agree with him on just about every issue and there is no single Democrat that will get enough support in the swing states to beat him.

You need the Senate to flip in 2020. That's your best chance to get rid of him before the end of his 2nd term.

Oct 27, 2017
We had a thread on this Senate Intelligence Committee story, that was locked because the story was quickly undone with multiple conflicting accounts.

Please discuss the Mueller investigation and the 2020 election in our many other threads. Of course, if there is new news, please make a new thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.