• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think they would be successful or not?

• Yes

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 40 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Impossible to say without price, specs, games, and other important details.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
God I hate it when the thread title question and poll question are literally inversed. It's not hard.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Way too little information out there right now to have an informed opinion on this topic.

The only thing we know is that they are the current underdog and will have an uphill climb the next gen due to Playstation's current popularity.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it doing better than this gen.....in the few regions where XBOX is popular. They need growth in the other regions in order to really compete if we're talking about unit sales.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming they don't shit the bed with any terrible decisions like they made in the run up to the release of Xbox One, and assuming they don't terribly mismanage all the extremely solid studios they've acquired, they'll be fine.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your thread title and poll title contradict each other...

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Can we please stop making polls where the question is the opposite of what the thread title is asking?

Xbox will be fine. But it's not going to be an overnight change.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
They will be fine. They are definitly on the right track and approach business way smarter than they did with the X1.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No, It will sell well to its intended market assuming its no higher than 500$ and they keep with the script of their current services plan

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Based on what? We don't know pricing, launch date, or launch software of either console.

Is this entire thread based on the Instagram PS5 logo reception?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They'll have a hard time if they can't erect a firm response to stiff competition.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Voted no because of the title.. but should've been yes because the poll is the other way around.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter, their brand is Xbox which doesn't depend on the console. It doesn't seem like it would matter to me at least. They have PC, Xbox One and Xbox One X, and whatever else that can connect to Xbox stuff, like their Stadia like streaming service.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
Trick poll due to it being inversed from the title. Voted No as in No they won't struggle.

HotFries

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island, NY
I think the ball is very much in Microsofts court and I think they're gonna sink it. I feel like they've been gearing up for this for most of the current console generation and that they're gonna kill it come the release of the next gen consoles.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Yes they will be successful. They're one of three companies making consoles.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly to early to say. At the moment I think Xbox overall will do better than Xbone but eh who knows what will happen.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But more to the point I am getting more and more confident that it will be far from difficult for MS to have a better time around over the next several years. They're in a good place and are good to launch a console that won't be anywhere near as divisive as the Xbox One.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Game pass and a system that rumors say is way more powerful, they will do fine.

thread title, no
poll, yes

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, the X will be successful

The question in the title and the question in the poll together are confusing btw

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll see better success than this gen, at least that's the hope.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Need to see the games and a few years on the market to tell.
Same goes for PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.