• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
People are getting "warned" (but it's actually a threadban) by mods for posting in the Foldable Human "The Problem with NFTs" about how we should stay on topic and not talk about the state of NFTs/crypto on ResetEra.

Well, personally, I think it was on topic, but I'm making a separate thread nonetheless.

NFTs are a literal scam propped up by get-rich-quick discord servers tricking rubes into falling for this stupid ass hot potato scheme.

Crypto (which I admit I've participated in, giving me some insight) is also a ridiculous clown show that uses NFTs to try to drag people into the "crypto ecosystem."

The supposed "popularity" of NFTs is literally only propped up by salesmen convincing gullible rich people/famous people to promote their garbage to get more people into the pyramid scheme.

Personally, I think all this crap with no actual tangible benefit beyond a couple lucky 'lottery winners,' so to speak, has a net negative effect on the internet, including this site.

Would you like it all to be banned and for 'discussion' to still be allowed? Do you want it just banned discussion wise completely? How do you feel about it.

The thread this is an offshoot of since mods are complaining about this subject being 'off topic':

www.resetera.com

Line Goes Up - The Problem with NFTs (Dan Olson)

Just dropped, movie-length discussion on NFTs and "more". If you're wondering why this is movie length, then watch the opening to understand why.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Again, stop with the "Era needs to ban x" threads

Status
Not open for further replies.