• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

does the gap make u go with X?

• Hell yeah,

• I'm all PS5...

• Not yet,

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sado0og

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Going by what been confirmed 12TF for Xbox series X and rumor that ps5 is 9.5TF

does this gap make u go with X without a question?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I may still go PS5 depending on how Sony handles exclusives. But that'd be a massive gap if the rumor is true.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Dunno. I have a 1x and it's perfectly fine at the moment I don't see the need to upgrade yet.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THROWIN AROUND FLOPS
FLOP THREADS ALMOST AS BAD AS MARVEL THREADS ROUND THESE PARTS

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
No. PSN being crap and PlayStation not having exclusives I really care about are the big things pushing me from Sony to Xbox next gen.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
As long as the extra 2.5 TF still won't let me play my weeaboo Japanese games, I'm still going PS5

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I only care about games, so no.
Microsoft has never really catered to my interests in its game library, so the ball is in their camp.

Right now I'm very fine with my switch and it's processing power.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Absolutely, I want the console that packs the biggest punch. Just like I did at the start of last gen when the ps4 was stronger than x1

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'll go where the games I like are. So ps5.

Other things I may just play on my PC but most likely just on PS5.

The biggest deciding factor for me after games is price.

I won't pay a penny more than £350 so I'll probably wait a couple of years anyway.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting both day 1, but if that 3TF gap is true, it's substantial. More substantial than the Xbox One / PS4 gap.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
If I cared about raw power of a console I wouldn't be buying a console, I'd stick with my PC.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure.

Most games I play are multiplatform and I want to play them on their best platform.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Had the OG XB1 been more powerful than the OG PS4, I would have still picked the PS4 because of exclusives and multiplats that skipped XB1. If the library situation is similar next gen as this gen, I will go PS again. No brand loyalty for Sony. I went with 360 over PS3 because I preferred the library of the 360 at the time I bought it.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
No. Only exclusives will define my next gen consoles.
I will always, if finances allow it, have a powerful PC.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

I will likely pick up a Series X eventually, especially since I have gamepass, but i'm picking up a PS5 day 1.

Sony would have to do some extraordinary mistakes to change my plans.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It's all speculation on Sony's side right now OP, this is pointless

Wasnt it also "rumored" that the XSX wasnt really 12TF until it was confirmed? Asking people to basically pick a side right now is... well, pointless

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I will buy series x day one
I will buy PS5 once there is a PS5 exclusive I want to play, that may be day 1 but I'm starting to seriously doubt it

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
It's just a number and doesn't really affect me since I'm there for the exclusives. Even if the Xbox is stronger, some of my favorite IPs are Playstation's.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Nah I don't need to buy an Xbox and I'll end up buying a PS5 3 or 4 years after it releases like I did the PS4. Hardware doesn't matter to me with consoles, if it did I would have never bought plenty of Nintendo consoles.

BinTalib

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
No.

playing games is my priority, its not fun to count numbers.
Wise man once said "If its not fun, Why bother"

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
X doesnt play PS exclusives so that's my reasoning for going PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.