• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I know this may sound stupid or far-fetched, but all I could think of when I watched the episode is the conflict between Israel and Palestine. This comparison is based on the following:

- Danaerys returns to her country of origin and wants to enforce her supposed claim on the throne.
- She is not really greeted friendly by the people in Westeros.
- She commits genocide.
- She has a big military force behind her back.
- She went through a lot of shit in the past.
- She is willing to take the north by brute force if they don't submit.
- Cersei uses civilians as shield to point the finger to Danaerys.
- King's Landing burns.

I think the real life counterparts are obvious, but I am aware that both situations are not completely comparable.

Do you think people who are rooting for Danaerys are likely to sympathize with Israel? Do you find her actions and motives understandable in the grand scheme of things or not?

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cersei really didn't use the civilians as a shield considering she closed the Red Keep on them tho.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
How does one unintentionally reflect upon something? There is the author's intent, and then there is the story portrayed on the screen with all its intended meaning, and then there is what you interpret it as. This sounds like the latter to me

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're putting a lot more thought into this then D&D ever did.

Sorry to slightly derail this thread by responding to this, but Martin was a conscientious objector to Vietnam and is pretty obviously anti-war in his storytelling.

To imply that the showrunners never thought about this, or it never came up in the writer's room, is a lazy response.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the keep already full so they closed the gates?
Looking back you're somewhat right, definitely occupied but not full:

Eb9h2Hp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.