• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
FBI is also looking into this.

Sympathetic tho?

Ehhh, sounds like he's laying down their current known facts for the press while the FBI looks more into it.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The clip doesn't even include the question he was asked. Maybe he wasn't asked anything but I can't help but think it was a response to something along the lines of "do you know his motivation for doing this?"

Can't really judge based on that clip.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds pretty neutral. Which I can kinda see reading as sympathetic just because we are more use to hearing a negative tone when it comes to something like this.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The clip doesn't even include the question he was asked. Maybe he wasn't asked anything but I can't help but think it was a response to something along the lines of "do you know his motivation for doing this?"

Can't really judge based on that clip.
The entire interview is in the weblink.

It's okay, I too hate Twitter as a source/info pool. Good for breaking news, but that's about it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No, sounds like he's telling them what the guy did and the motives and he's just calm, which he should be.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I hope you did a good warm up before making that stretch

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy most likely had to give this presser out of nowhere and maybe isn't the most eloquent guy on Earth, too. He sounds like I would in a similar context is why I say this lol.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
As he said the perperator was very forthcoming and gave this motivation for his act. Not mental health problems or something else, the reasons were purely political with clear intent. And the cop tells that to the press.

I'm not at all familiar with this story, so my only impression comes from this little clip.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's explaining the motive/mind set of the suspect. He's not being sympathetic to him just because of his calm demeanor.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like someone trying to objectively describe what happened, which seems like what he is supposed to do. He is not the judge, so he shouldn't give judgement.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
"it was one of those things"

like it was a car crash or some shit

I can kinda see your point op

Deleted member 55524

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
I think this is really meek language for what is essentially political terrorism. It almost sounds like an excuse.
"He was unhappy" wouldn't cut it if someone had been hurt or killed. And the perpetrator is directly intimidating political officials with violence. Humanizing terroristic thinking is maybe a bad idea. I think he should've been more direct about this being inexcusable.

Buttttt, this is just a clip. Maybe the full presser went better than this.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder how different the responses would be if the thread title was not framed as a question and instead asserted that he was indeed sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.