• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm I think I can buy this lover claim, though I'm still unsure why we'd need another saint countermeasure.

I'd assume scum is between Stan, malus and maybe Kopite. Though I'm getting towny vibes from Kopite so far.

Can anyone link me to the post with all the claims again?
Malus did one a short while ago, here it is.
"Complete" Claim list:

Confirmed:
[He/Him] Kawl - Doggyguard
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut - Strongcat Keymaker
[He/Him] nin - Hider
[He/Him] Fran - Messenger
[He/Him] Lone_Prodigy - Dogtor
[He/Him] Meatwad - Saint Detector

Claimed:
[They/Them] Aeleus - Lightning Rod
[He/Him] Poltergust - Super Saint
[He/Him] Geno - Creative director
[He/Him] Stantastic - Backup Tracker
[He/Him] Kopite - Strengthener
[He/Him] Verelios - Some kind of lover
[He/Him] Muffin -Tracker
[He/Him] Fanto - 3rd party hunter
[He/Him] oreomunsta - Vote Saver
[He/Him] malus - Gossip
[He/Him] Blargonaut - Cop?
[He/Him] Stuart444 - Bus Driver

So the lover doesn't have a counter part, or it will link up with some other role.
I also don't think Blarg is telling the truth about his role. He was fishing for names this whole game, so I think his role will have something to do with that. Not sure if that makes him Scum or Town though.

I'd say with the presence of a backup tracker it is highly unlikely for Muffin to be Scum. Does a Scum backup tracker make sense? I don't know. I also have a hard time seeing the lightning rod as anything but a town role unless we have seen the gambitest of gambits this last night. Geno as creative director has been confirmed by multiple people and is almost surely hunted by Fanto. It seems to me it would be quite a strong role in Scums hand which makes me believe he is Town as well.

All other roles aren't really all that alignment indicative.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Backup Tracker does seem really weird the more I think about it. Scum has a Ninja as per Chugg's PM. So, they already have a counter to our Tracker, and if their Ninja is X-Shot, then we would be pretty OP to just have this Backup Tracker sitting around to eventually find a Mafia player killing someone or catch someone in a lie.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Though noteworthy: Strengthener is only half-confirmed, only the part where Kopites target gets his flavor name is. For all we know he could be doing else, and not strengthening.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Sure wish these conversations didnt typically start around 3am.

I dont care, im going to sleep. lunch me, lunch the guy that shat up the game for no reason because he had a lover claim to bail him out, have fun.

peace out.

OP
OP
Reki

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
The phase has been extended a day. New EoD;

vxp7ctsndb

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Though noteworthy: Strengthener is only half-confirmed, only the part where Kopites target gets his flavor name is. For all, we know he could be doing else, and not strengthening.
From town, I'm the only role that counters the key role blocks, but that does seem kinda weak. I think there's another scum power that 'interferes'. From all the unconfirmed claims so far only Stu has a power that can 'interfere'.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Though noteworthy: Strengthener is only half-confirmed, only the part where Kopites target gets his flavor name is. For all we know he could be doing else, and not strengthening.
A good point, yes. We only have Kopite's word on what it is he's doing when targeting someone.

I'm fine with either Stan or Kopite for today. Malus is probably the only other I would consider for now, but I don't think I'd personally vote there today.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While Kopite is someone I've been curious to flip for a few days in this game, I've gotta ask, do you guys actually buy Blarg's lovers claim?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even sure about Vere's lovers claim, either. In this game with these awesome roles that we've seen so far, we have a plain lover?
Its not a plain lover, they dont know their partner beforehand and get defuse power when they find them.

Anyway scum should shoot them soon to get 2 for 1 if theyre town, and if they stay alive for a while, we should get suspicious.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
A good point, yes. We only have Kopite's word on what it is he's doing when targeting someone.

I'm fine with either Stan or Kopite for today. Malus is probably the only other I would consider for now, but I don't think I'd personally vote there today.
While Kopite is someone I've been curious to flip for a few days in this game, I've gotta ask, do you guys actually buy Blarg's lovers claim?
Why me lol, I'm on the most solid footing

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its not a plain lover, they dont know their partner beforehand and get defuse power when they find them.

Anyway scum should shoot them soon to get 2 for 1 if theyre town, and if they stay alive for a while, we should get suspicious.
Well their claim isn't just "plain lovers"

It's:

Lovers who have to find each other and once found, they become super saint defusers (?)

Not sure what to believe

Right, thanks for the clarifications. I shouldn't have stated plain haphazardly when there is a bit more nuance to it
What would you feel was an awesome role, relatively?

Fair question. I mean awesome as in powerful, not just neat, I should clear up first.

Most of the roles in this claim list are roles that can have an impact on the game with relatively few hoops to jump through

(Apologies for any errors in the list, but please point them out if needed)

Confirmed:
[He/Him] nin - Hider
[He/Him] Poltergust - Fellow Cat (or we that was called)

Claimed:
[He/Him] Muffin -Tracker
[He/Him] malus - Gossip
[He/Him] Blargonaut - Some kind of lover now after several other claims

You are claiming that you not only need to be fortunate enough to find your partner, but once you do, you then have the ability to defuse another role that may have already gone off by then.

And this is in a game where we likely have 2 more scums left, and both with their own power roles

Why me lol, I'm on the most solid footing

If I'm right about some of my other claims, then I'd get into more details. But right now, I'll just leave it at a gut feeling

You're not my main lynch interest today, though

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Right, thanks for the clarifications. I shouldn't have stated plain haphazardly when there is a bit more nuance to it

Fair question. I mean awesome as in powerful, not just neat, I should clear up first.

Most of the roles in this claim list are roles that can have an impact on the game with relatively few hoops to jump through

(Apologies for any errors in the list, but please point them out if needed)

Confirmed:
[He/Him] nin - Hider
[He/Him] Poltergust - Fellow Cat (or we that was called)

Claimed:
[He/Him] Muffin -Tracker
[He/Him] malus - Gossip
[He/Him] Blargonaut - Some kind of lover now after several other claims

You are claiming that you not only need to be fortunate enough to find your partner, but once you do, you then have the ability to defuse another role that may have already gone off by then.

And this is in a game where we likely have 2 more scums left, and both with their own power roles

If I'm right about some of my other claims, then I'd get into more details. But right now, I'll just leave it at a gut feeling

You're not my main lynch interest today, though
I suppose that's a fair reason. The trade-off for being life linked isn't exactly great either since as you say, the saint might have died by then.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldnt say that. That would be Aeleus, or, well, me tbh. And ironically Fanto.
Fair enough, I'm just pointing out that Fanto and Oreo have had me as a scum lean for a while and I don't understand why.

I'll strengthen someone again tonight and whoever gets visited will be able to confirm what Aeleus said. I don't know how to prove myself beyond that (in terms of my powers). If it's a scum power what do you think is happening to my targets?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If it's a scum power what do you think is happening to my targets?
Maybe you're a Role Cop, or some other kind of investigative ability? Anything that would give you results would make sense in that case still. The point is that our only source for your claim is you, we don't have evidence of a Strengthening actually taking place with the night actions we've seen, so logically we can't confirm it's existence as a role in the game, only that people you target are told your flavor name.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Vere and Blarg, why did either of you decide to find each other when it's clear that's not in town's best interests? What aren't you telling us?

Looking at Geno's flip again, I can't justify lunching a claimed backup tracker. His Role PM indicates that there are 3 people he can control, with only TRACK and BUS as his options, so there probably is another tracker. Could be a scum tracker but Occam's Razor and all that.

Btw is there anything to read into in Reki's post with Geno's flip? Or is it just flavor?
djetivo: Dijeron… que no hay necesidad de cancelar nada. Tienen un doble…
(They said… there's no need to cancel anything. They have a double…)

q5QICGk.png

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Vere and Blarg, why did either of you decide to find each other when it's clear that's not in town's best interests? What aren't you telling us?

Looking at Geno's flip again, I can't justify lunching a claimed backup tracker. His Role PM indicates that there are 3 people he can control, with only TRACK and BUS as his options, so there probably is another tracker. Could be a scum tracker but Occam's Razor and all that.

Btw is there anything to read into in Reki's post with Geno's flip? Or is it just flavor?
For Geno's PM, I'm not sure, I was confused about how he explained his PR worked since he said he saw two actions, and a third was a duplicate. I'm pretty sure his death PM was just flavour Reki used though, otherwise we'd have a backup Duque instead of supposed tracker. As for the union with Blarg, what can I say? I already put in the command D2, before I thought I'd have to claim.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
For Geno's PM, I'm not sure, I was confused about how he explained his PR worked since he said he saw two actions, and a third was a duplicate. I'm pretty sure his death PM was just flavour Reki used though, otherwise we'd have a backup Duque instead of supposed tracker. As for the union with Blarg, what can I say? I already put in the command D2, before I thought I'd have to claim.
You would have already known that joining your lover would make town's game more difficult. Is your win condition tied to joining Blarg?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
If not you, Stan, then who would you say is Scum?
Im still leaning on blarg given we still have zero explanation on him fake claiming cop and trying yo get me lunched.
Outside that kopite or malus i guess? Its all pretty PoE at this point and honestly i hadnt put that much thought into other with polt and blarg being such sure targets the last couple days.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Im still leaning on blarg given we still have zero explanation on him fake claiming cop and trying yo get me lunched.
Outside that kopite or malus i guess? Its all pretty PoE at this point and honestly i hadnt put that much thought into other with polt and blarg being such sure targets the last couple days.
The thing with Blarg for me at this point is that if him and Vere are Lovers, then Scum will sort that out for us in the next two nights if we don't win by then anyway.

I agree on Kopite and Malus due to PoE.

Just because I really feel like I haven't flexed my "call out scummy posts when you see them" muscle much in this game due to being a Neutral and all that:

You would have already known that joining your lover would make town's game more difficult. Is your win condition tied to joining Blarg?
These are the most "How do you do, fellow Town?" posts that I've read in this game, and Oreo has been posting since D1.

Vote: Kopite

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, it's mainly the "not in town's best interest" and "make town's game more difficult" stuff. Just really reads like trying to push towards them. It doesn't even rule out that Stan and Kopite could be Scum together either, with Kopite playing some defense for Stan too and trying to push the narrative elsewhere, even implying Vere and Blarg could have a different win condition of some sort.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
We should probably wait with lunching claimed lovers.

claimed powers
[They/Them] Aeleus - Lightning Rod : I don't see the possibility of a scum lightning rod especially in combination with the kill happening to the doggyguard.
[He/Him] Stantastic - Backup Tracker : Could still be scum.
[He/Him] Kopite - Strengthener : With the revelation of the flavor name to the target this is probably a town power.
[He/Him] Verelios - Some kind of lover : wouldn't vote today.
[He/Him] Muffin -Tracker : Exposed Fanto. Seems to have been the target last night. Could only be Scum if Stu is Scum as well.
[He/Him] Fanto - 3rd party hunter : "Confirmed" neutral.
[He/Him] oreomunsta - Vote Saver : Could still be scum.
[He/Him] malus - Gossip : town
[He/Him] Blargonaut - Some kind of lover now after several other claims : wouldn't vote today.
[He/Him] Stuart444 - Bus Driver : Could still be scum.

Some thoughts to those labeled as possible Scum:
A Scum backup tracker at this stage of the game would be pretty powerless, but it is very possible that this is still the case. He was part of the tracking trio (tracker, backup-tracker, cop), which is now "solved" with Blarg becoming some sort of lover defuser.
If Stu is town, then Muffin was the target last night which means he isn't Scum. There's still the possibility of a Scum gambit between Muffin and Stu since Stu would have known who was switched. If they are both scum, Geno would have been their prime target since he was confirmed as Duque. This is just a theoretical experiment and I still believe that Muffin is probably town.
The vote saver could still fall on both sides of alignments to be honest. Though as Aeleus pointed out, if the role works in endgame it would be really powerful in Scums hands.
Stu is one of the disrupting duo (Bus Driver + Creative Director) who is countered by the strengthener. With Kopite kind of "semi" confirmed he would be the last one of this group. Even if Muffin is town, they could still have planned a Geno kill. Chuggs role pm indicates the presence of a ninja, so they may not be too afraid of a tracker yet. But in that case I expect Stan to be Scum as well, since they would probably run out of ninja shots very soon.

To sum up:
Muffin can only be Scum if Stu is Scum.
Stu is countered by Kopite who is semi-confirmed Town.
If Stu is Scum either Muffin or Stan is Scum.
If neither of those is Scum, look into the lovers again.

Conclusion:
I could see a couple of remaining 2-player Scum teams in order of likelihood:
Stu + Stan
Stu + Muffin
Stan + Oreo
Vere + Blarg

vote: Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not scum. Not sure what I can say to defend myself but I'm not.

Malus I think could be scum even if he's a scum gossip.

Oreo, I don't think is scum with that power.

Stan is a prime scum candidate. Just based on POE.
Lovers I'm up in the air about.

Kopite & Aeleus are two I'm not sure on. I really am not. :/

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at all the claims, I think we need to lunch between Stan, Stu and Malus.

Stu can clearly protect town and Geno's flip lends credence to Stan's claim. Malus is the most disposable, as their powers can't really help town in any way.

Vote: malus