• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Twitter account deleted.

20220110_112754.jpg

A #Solana NFT collection which distributes 100% of all profits made straight to charities protecting animals on the brink of extinction.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Considering it's largely used for money laundering, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Surely this can scumbag can be prosecuted for fraud, there is a paper trail that leads right to the seller.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately pathetic, yet wholly unsurprising. I don't understand why anyone would trust this system to do what they say, either. There's no accountability.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no issue with this. Scam these fools to high heaven. The quicker people get scorned and disillusioned with this ponzi scheme, the quicker NFTs die and we stop cooking the planet (which is an actual real thing that is pushing these animals they were donating towards closer to extinction anyway)

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like a clone/derivative of an already established project called Doodles. Artwork even almost the same. Feel sorry for anyone who fell for this rug pull.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Never easier to scam people now.

I thought one of the pro of crypto and nft is that your ownership can be tracked by anybody? Democratization and all that shit?

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Eh
He won't really get away with it if people used traditional methods to pay him instead of some crypto coin

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is the usual score for the entire NFT scam, so the capitalist excuse of "look at all the money he donated to charity!" getting turned on its head is legitimately hilarious to me.

There really is no bottom to this barrel.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
That's actually kinda funny. Fuck that guy, but I can't say I feel particularly sorry for the people who bought them.

The part that actually hurts is the damage these NFTs do on the environment which is the complete sad opposite of protecting those animals with donations to WWF.

Cya nerds made me legit laugh out loud, though.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, that will give NFTs a bad rep ... oh, wait

cyress8

Avenger
Classical fraud. You acquired something under the impression you get that strange dinosaur AND your money gets donated to an animal charity.
Well, if they were smart, that money is going through multiple wallets and through trusted friends that setup the scam. Plus, good chance all the info used to setup these doodle dragons is false.

Do I qualify for collection verification?

To qualify for collection verification, you must have at least 1,000 followers/community members on Twitter, Instagram or Discord. If you do not pass this basic criterion, your application will be rejected.
That is all you need to become verified. No need for passports, driver license, etc. Create a fake account on twitter with 1000 followers/bots, link it with a wallet with fake info and you can start your scam.

Also, who do you report it to? They could live anywhere.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
How do you link addresses to actual people?
This guy could be anywhere in the world.
Depends. The ledger is public so tracking the crypto is not hard. He can be caught if he tries to convert to a fiat currency. Say he's dumb and cashes out his wallet on a domestic exchange, he can be caught. All depends on where he lives, how well he covered his digital tracks, and how he plans to use the crypto.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What law did he break though? This isn't the first or last...or in general NFT scam out there.

If you intentionally mislead the public or donators that money they are giving isn't going towards a charity, when you have explicitly stated so, then it is fraud. Falsifying a charity for personal gains/wealth is fraud.

How do you link addresses to actual people?
This guy could be anywhere in the world.

Many cryptocurrency exchanges require photo ID/recent photo/Passport/Drivers License and is reported to the local government for tax purposes. Coinspot and BTCMarkets for example, have a strict verification system including needing an address, telephone number and ID to register. This information can be tracked back to the person who opened the original wallet.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Depends. The ledger is public so tracking the crypto is not hard. He can be caught if he tries to convert to a fiat currency. Say he's dumb and cashes out his wallet on a domestic exchange, he can be caught. All depends on where he lives, how well he covered his digital tracks, and how he plans to use the crypto.
Hes an NFT trader....he will use NFTs to clean his crypto.
Isnt that why some are super skeptical of NFTs, people are using them for money laundering.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
They can use Monero or one of many tumblers to lose trail.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I was not expecting the fraudster to announce his crime and taunt the people donating lol. Hopefully this is a net gain in calling attention to how shady much of this NFT bullshit is.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Many cryptocurrency exchanges require photo ID/recent photo/Passport/Drivers License and is reported to the local government for tax purposes. Coinspot and BTCMarkets for example, have a strict verification system including needing an address, telephone number and ID to register. This information can be tracked back to the person who opened the original wallet.

pffft thats the least of anyones worries.
Ask anyone from a third world country whos been trading crypto.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
When there's a source that isn't screencapped tweets we can have the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.