• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
Both games slated for 2019 that were delayed to March 20 2020. Do you think Doom will hurt Animal Crossing or both games can coexist? Especially with Doom Eternal Switch being MIA.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Animal Crossing is going to be obliterated, everyone planning to get it wants Doom instead.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
They delayed the Switch version because they realised it wasn't as scary as a Tom Nook mortgage.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Galaxy Brain: I want Doom Slayer as a villager in Animal Crossing, because i want to hear how his Animal Crossing talking would sound!

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Animal Crossing will hurt Doom's sales just down to mindshare on that day, but overall not as much as TLOU2, FF7R and Cyberpunk 2077 will hurt Doom, it's not a great release date imo. June would have been better.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Should have delayed your joke another 6 months until you found a proper payoff for it.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I am super hyped for DOOM and slightly interested in AC, but since AC comes out in like...the most insane couple of months game release wise in quite some time i most likely will end up skipping AC. Not just DOOM's fault, also the million other big games coming out around then.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The huge overlap in the userbase between the 2 franchises is really gonna hurt both games.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The fact that Doom Switch is further delayed means Bethesda isn't too worried, hell I could believe they delayed it further because of AC. AC is massive and New Horizon will break records.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
March was a stupid decision but not soley because of Animal Crossing. Watch Dogs and FFVII Remake will likely hurt it too.

Nov 4, 2018
I'm extremely doubtful there's a massive amount of crossover between Doom's and Animal Crossing's player base.

However if you're like me, and want both, then you're probably going to get both because those games satisfy two completely different gameplay types. Animal Crossing isn't gonna satisfy the urge to play Doom and vice versa.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Sounds like a joke thread but...

Given Doom Eternal is delayed on Switch, it will have very little to zero impact on Animal Crossing. AC will do numbers regardless of what other titles release at the same time.

Doom does run a pretty high risk of being swallowed up by all the other releases in that Feb-March window though which would be a shame

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Mods that make Animal Crossing more like Doom: None, AFAIK
Mods that make Doom more like Animal Crossing: At least one

From this we can conclude that the Doom community is thirsty for what Animal Crossing provides, but not the other way around. New Horizons is going to eat Eternal's lunch.

Oct 29, 2017
Doom Eternal isn't releasing on Switch on that day, so this comparison is pointless.

Hell, that was probably half the reason why they pushed back the Switch version of Doom Eternal in the first place (the other half being the obvious development issues that ID is going through; where pushing back the Switch version lightens the load on them and Panic Button).

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I feel these 2 games are completely different beasts and neither will cannibalize sales of the other. Based on past titles in both series, I expect sales to be very strong for both. I know I'll be buying both day 1

Apr 8, 2018
Damn, I forgot Animal Crossing: NH came out that day lol. Both will do fine imo. I'll be getting both personally.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Totally different games, and the Switch version of Doom Eternal isn't even coming t the same day as Animal Crossing (I wonder if Nintendo had any say in that?).
I'm not really into Doom, but my brother is. I know he will get it. I'm getting Animal Crossing!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread is closed to further replies. Please review FAQ on thread creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.