• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I reached out to see if old thread could be updated, but was told new news new thread, so here we are. According to Dr. Disrespect himself he is unclear as to the reason for his ban. Given his radio silence, I'm lead to believe that he legitmately doesn't know. If this was a platform move, I'm sure whatever PR team who was hadnling it would have come forward about it as given all of the stuff coming out in regards to streamers and the MeToo movement, this would be a really, really awful time to be completely quiet in regards to what is going on. It is also incredibly bizzare that Twitch has not released a statement in regards to letting a contracted streamer, one of the most popular on the platform, go without any (current) reason.

This is not to be a discussion about Dr. Disrespects shitty past, I'm pretty sure we all know that by now, but more so on why Twitch has taken this level of action which is rarely ever seen. That being said, please don't speculate on Reddit posts/4chan greentext or anything of the sort. This thread is not to come to his defense as he does not deserve it.

Twitter text
Champions Club,

Twitch has not notified me on the specific reason behind their decision... Firm handshakes to all for the support during this difficult time.

-Dr Disrespect

Whoops, this was late. Was typing up and my thread and was beat.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It could end up not been one single reason, just all his shitiness accumulating over time. Which is a legitimate reason

And thee Twitch EULA, like all others, states you can be terminated for any or no reason should they decide so

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Honestly? It's been a conga line of popular social media celebs getting skeletons re-exposed and them getting dragged to the town square for accountability, including twitch streamers the past few weeks. Considering even Foxnews changed it's Covid tunes (and fired some folks as a result), my money is on that. But dude has a problematic greatest hits, lol

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Status
Not open for further replies.