• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2022
Mor_1x1_1080.jpeg

Dragon Age 4 is titled Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Who is the Dread Wolf?

Solas, the Dread Wolf. Some say he might be an ancient elven god, but some say not. Others say a betrayer of his people…or a savior who now seeks to rescue them at the cost of your world. His motives are inscrutable and his methods sometimes questionable, earning him a reputation as something of a trickster deity—a player of dark and dangerous games.

Whether you're new to Dragon Age™ stories or you've experienced them all, using Solas's namesake no doubt suggests a spectrum of endless possibilities on where things may go. But at the core of this, like every past game, is you. If you're new to Dragon Age, you have no need to worry about not having met our antagonist just yet. He'll properly introduce himself when the time is right, but we did hint at his return when we announced #TheDreadWolfRises back in 2018.

More Dragon Age: Dreadwolf later this year

We suspect you have questions and they'll be answered in time. While the game won't be releasing this year, we're growing closer to that next adventure. Rest assured, Solas is placing his pieces on the board as we speak. That's all we have for now, but we hope knowing the official title has sparked some intrigue, as we'll be talking more about the game later this year!

Last edited:

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense since that's what they first teased with the tagline in that announcement teaser.

Also it's by far the best character Bioware has written in years.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Okay do these guys really need to reveal everything so close to the actual reveal? Like it's pretty shitty to the actual devs, they got enough clout and clicks from saying it was going to happen today

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a Dragon Age game since the first one. I'm curious if this new one will break the trend.

Okay do these guys really need to reveal everything so close to the actual reveal? Like it's pretty shitty to the actual devs, they got enough clout and clicks from saying it was going to happen today
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, I think there is value in saying that he doesn't expect to see gameplay, so that fans temper their expectations.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't played a Dragon Age game since the first one. I'm curious if this new one will break the trend.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, I think there is value in saying that he doesn't expect to see gameplay, so that fans temper their expectations.
Yeah that would be fine but he doesn't need to reveal the actual title though, I kinda hope he's wrong just so the devs get to reveal something on their own terms

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Honestly? Really don't like that name at all

Edit: I think the OP is wrong - its just Dragon Age: Dreadwolf which is markedly better imo. I don't want numbered Dragon Age titles

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Yeah I don't understand the point of this. It's not even a tease, if the only thing Bioware is planning to announce today is the title, why go out of your way to scoop them on it by an hour and take the entire announcement from them? It's not like a particularly interesting announcement anyway but it stillfeels kinda petty compared to, say, leaking details about a trailer that will still have value when you watch it for yourself.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks Grubb! Ruining a reveal again so close to it, really cool stuff!

Really lame. I wish these leakers would chill.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont understand the point of revealing these kind of things a couple hours/days before the official reveal.

PS. Though at least it helps with setting up the right expectations for what we are getting later.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please move on from at least 1/3 of the game being about Chantry vs Blood Mages, yet again?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Dragon Age's overall story and lore is such a mess at this point. I can't imagine how they actually plan to continue it unless they just start cutting off all the loose threads.

ShiftyCow

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks Grubb! Ruining a reveal again so close to it, really cool stuff!

Really lame. I wish these leakers would chill.
To be fair, Tom Henderson is the one who leaked the title, Grubb just confirmed it.

Dragon Age's overall story and lore is such a mess at this point. I can't imagine how they actually plan to continue it unless they just start cutting off all the loose threads.
How so? I would say that's an accurate description of Mass Effect, but not Dragon Age.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Its like we got different insiders competing to leak things at this point, not to mention the marketing teams hard work being ruined at the same time.

Whats the point of leaking stuff the day of the announcement, months ahead fine you're really cool wow, but day of?

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that I'm glad EA isn't rushing BioWare to get this out asap if we are still ~18 months from a realistic release.

Hopefully the final product is great.
EA gave Inquisition, Andromeda, and Anthem plenty of time iirc, it just seems like the DA4 team actually knows what game they want to make, which doesn't surprise me because Inquisition seemed like less of a clusterfuck than Andromeda/Anthem despite being on more platforms.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I will say that I'm glad EA isn't rushing BioWare to get this out asap if we are still ~18 months from a realistic release.

The only time EA rushed BioWare was during DA2 development so they can work on ME2 afterwards

After that? Inquisition took 4 years, ME Andromeda and Anthem 5 years each.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only time EA rushed BioWare was during DA2 development so they can work on ME2 afterwards

After that? Inquisition took 4 years, ME Andromeda and Anthem 5 years each.
I still don't know how Inquisition took less time than Andromeda, with the same engine, with fewer bugs, and on more platforms...

Oct 29, 2017
It's interesting to me that for a game that's coming 10 years after the last series entry, and will likely have a ton of brand new players, they're going all-in on the connection to previous lore instead of doing like a soft reboot or something. Not a bad thing.. just curious.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of revealing the title now if that was the only thing being shared with the public ?

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to me that for a game that's coming 10 years after the last series entry, and will likely have a ton of brand new players, they're going all-in on the connection to previous lore instead of doing like a soft reboot or something. Not a bad thing.. just curious.
TBF, the previous 3 games are totally playable on Xbox and PC so it should be reasonably easy for new console and PC players to catch up. Plus the DA Keep should keep people up to date.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It would piss off the existing fanbase if they didn't considering Inquisition was almost entirely about setting up this villain and ended on several major reveals and cliffhangers having to do with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
To be fair, Tom Henderson is the one who leaked the title, Grubb just confirmed it.

How so? I would say that's an accurate description of Mass Effect, but not Dragon Age.

Genuine question here, not trying to start something; what are the main messes you're talking about?

I'm actually surprised at the reaction lol. Maybe I'm wrong since it's been a while but from what I recall there were a ton of characters and storylines that still had lingering plot threads that were never resolved, especially when you factor in all the player choices that had significant impact on the world.

I just don't know how they actually account for that without outright ignoring most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.