• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco

1Mzu95E.png

From the official website FAQ: https://www.dq11.jp/s/pf/faq/en.html

Last edited by a moderator:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is on a losing streak what is going on?!?!?!?

Although this is really more on Square

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the Switch version have like, a fuckload more content though? Better to have that then prettier graphics.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Well that sucks...

I was looking forward to the new content but... those vistas in the PS4 version are absolutely breathtaking. Maybe I'll just continue with the original version. The QoL stuff never bothered me to begin with.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
i mean it is just a port so something had to give. And i get not allocating the budget of grafting everything onto the original port then porting it over.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for the remaster in 10 years or whatever.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Switch version had like way more content so wouldn't it be better to get a port of that one even if it's not as pretty as the original PS4 one?
Ideally they would have thought ahead a bit and created that new content with other hardware in mind.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
No but seriously, the Switch version still looks awesome. Some assets/places actually look better due to how it has been reworked, like the lighting being less jarring.

There's been comparisons already. It's a newer version of the engine, and the assets aren't as "downgraded" as people make it seem.
It's not the port of The Witcher 3 or whatever.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
wait so is it just a patch for those games? or its actually a whole new game.

Whole new game, doesn't seem there will be a patch to add the content to the base game. I'm out on a double dip, felt burned by the S version to begin with so no chance I'm going to give them more money for this.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
DQ 11 is beautiful and excellent on the Switch. It's not like it's unplayable. I was completely enamored with it and loved it and e=never once felt it was ugly or unworthy.

But man... I would NEVER expect to see actual Switch graphics on PS4/Xbox when there is an actual version of a game created with the power of those platforms in mind.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Switch version had like way more content so wouldn't it be better to get a port of that one even if it's not as pretty as the original PS4 one?
How do you have existing versions of a game and decide to develop your additional content tailored to a new version?

That's just complete failure from a planning perspective.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
For those still worried...

Just check that again, and imagine it without the compromises on Switch (framerate, resolution, view distance, filtering, etc).

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
... Nothing around this game's marketing and versions make any sense.
What on Earth.
So the future PS4 and PC "S" versions will co exist with the regular, looking way worse, sounding better, and with QoL and a bit more content?

Smh Square...

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know, is Square so I wouldn't bet on that, they will probably charge for the extra content.

yeah they totally are charging full price.

... Nothing around this game's marketing and versions make any sense.
What on Earth.
So the future PS4 and PC "S" versions will co exist with the regular, looking way worse, sounding better, and with QoL and a bit more content?

Smh Square...
not even the trophies are the same. I honestly have no idea what the fuck square was thinking with this. they couldve just had a single codebase, and release the extra content as DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.