• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Pretty much every COD: Warzone streamer today is talking about DrDisrespect returning today. Did some googling and ...

www.denofgeek.com

Dr DisRespect Announces Return to Streaming on YouTube

Dr DisRespect has announced his return to streaming on YouTube. Here are the details!

(Note: I have never heard of Den of Geek. I do not advocate for them, but they've got a story up so there you have it.)

I truly thought that the details of his ban would be far more serious / criminal, but if he's just jumping platforms, it looks like team "contract dispute" is probably the winner.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Just a contract breach with twitch?
I don't believe it, i think it was because of that constant lizard people and 5G talk.
Maybe he will address it in his youtube stream, it is the only social media mystery i follow, lol...

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way a contract dispute got solved that quickly with the amount of money involved and how radio silent everyone was.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
He will most likely land on YouTube, he uploaded a small vid on it few weeks ago.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'd imagine with mixer closing twitch just felt like they didn't need to pay him any more and just banned him for past behaviors that they championed weeks before. Sure some lawyers gonna make bank on this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So did we ever get the full story of what happened? I recall someone saying he broke a contract or something..?

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Just a contract breach with twitch?
I don't believe it, i think it was because of that constant lizard people and 5G talk.
Maybe he will address it in his youtube stream, it is the only social media mystery i follow, lol...
Ah yes makes so much sense that a company that has a David Icke documentary on their service would ban doc for talking about David Icke on their other service..

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can get a Membership to his YouTube so he'll be streaming there.

Optmst

Apr 9, 2020
Fuck this saga
I'm tired of all the teasing and drama
I just wanted to know why the fuck he was banned

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Finally the madness will end, and we can all move on to some next controversy.

Anyhow, when is Shroud coming back?

OP
OP
Lobster Roll

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
So did we ever get the full story of what happened? I recall someone saying he broke a contract or something..?
Never got the full details. I get the feeling that once he's officially "back" and there's no need to keep things under wraps anymore that somebody will let it slip. Everything that Slasher was tweeting out made it sound like it was a huge, big deal, and yet the dude is streaming a little over a month later?

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Era was begging for this guy to have done some truly despicable, inhumane shit. Excited, even.

Hopefully the reasoning is as relatively silly as a contract issue

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine with mixer closing twitch just felt like they didn't need to pay him any more and just banned him for past behaviors that they championed weeks before. Sure some lawyers gonna make bank on this.
Yeah that's what seems likely. He was a pretty bad "face of twitch" with all the shit he was talking about lately.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Ah yes makes so much sense that a company that has a David Icke documentary on their service would ban doc for talking about David Icke on their other service..

Yes, you understood where i'm coming from.

We will see how much he will talk about lizard people and open your mind on youtube during a partnered live gaming stream for teens.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to the lawsuits against twitch and those large twitter users who "knew something damning" if this was nothing more than a breach of contract.

Hell, slasher was supposedly accused of harrassment recently and deflected saying his accusations were nothing close to what Doc was accused of.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Era was begging for this guy to have done some truly despicable, inhumane shit. Excited, even.

Hopefully the reasoning is as relatively silly as a contract issue
Yup all the people lapping up hype hoping he did horrible shit are fucking gross. Like do you even realize you are wishing for the suffering of others to be caused by someone just so you can have another reason to not like someone you already don't like. Shit is fucked up. Guy is a dumbass that already does enough dumb shit and you don't need to give him views if you don't want to but fucking being hopeful he caused others harm in some major way really says a lot of people's character. I don't want to hear any stupid ass retorts to this either about "well at least I didnt do such and such", way to go you didn't do gross shit yourself pat yourself on the back I would hope not.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable how nothing leaked. How are a bunch of streamers so good at keeping a secret lol

When people get fired that stuff never gets out unless the person getting fired talks about it.

I honestly think people/insiders were just guessing based on sources and all of them were wrong. Was weird as hell that Slasher of all people went out on a limb like that though.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm misremembering, I did not get that read from the DrD speculation thread at all.
People where speculating all sorts of stuff, digging up the twitter post and hyping them up but it wasn't everyone. Saying stuff like "Era wanted this" is always a bad way to frame stuff that happens on this site. Hot thread topics like that fly by and tones shift as well as drive by post that get lost in the crowd so everyone doesn't typically see everything or remember it all as well what's there to remember about the 30th post that says fuck said dude blah blah in the course of 5 minutes out of hundreds in the course of 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
People where speculating all sorts of stuff, digging up the twitter post and hyping them up.

Well yeah, the speculation was rampant, fueled by Slasher, Twitter, and DrD/Twitch's silence, but to say people on Era were hoping he had done something really bad is not something I recall being accurate. People just figured it had to be, with the way the situation was playing out.

I've seen people say there 'i hope he has done something so terrible that he can never stream again anywhere' or something along those lines.
On Era though? I seriously doubt that.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
people going "given the silence and secrecy around this, it must be something awful/criminal" is not the same as wishing it was as such, lol

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Well yeah, the speculation was rampant, fueled by Slasher, Twitter, and DrD/Twitch's silence, but to say people on Era were hoping he had done something really bad is not something I recall being accurate. People just figured it had to be, with the way the situation was playing out.

On Era though? I seriously doubt that.
Yes on Era. Just checked my post history because i had replied to him. This is the exact quote:

Goddamnit someone leak the damn reason already so we not have to suffer through pointless pieces like this.

Bonus points if it's such a hideous reason he can never start streaming anywhere again.
__

And there were more comments like this too.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I think this arc was getting old, good idea to wrap it up at this point.

piratethingy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup all the people lapping up hype hoping he did horrible shit are fucking gross. Like do you even realize you are wishing for the suffering of others to be caused by someone just so you can have another reason to not like someone you already don't like. Shit is fucked up. Guy is a dumbass that already does enough dumb shit and you don't need to give him views if you don't want to but fucking being hopeful he caused others harm in some major way really says a lot of people's character. I don't want to hear any stupid ass retorts to this either about "well at least I didnt do such and such", way to go you didn't do gross shit yourself pat yourself on the back I would hope not.

Yes, yes yes. Doc is garbage entertainment that I'd never consider, but that doesn't make the longing for someone to have been hurt any less gross.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
We can only hope that he'll never return to streaming ever and that he'll fade into obscurity.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Never got the full details. I get the feeling that once he's officially "back" and there's no need to keep things under wraps anymore that somebody will let it slip. Everything that Slasher was tweeting out made it sound like it was a huge, big deal, and yet the dude is streaming a little over a month later?

I'd say Slasher didn't know a thing and was simply capitalizing on the moment for attention and clicks.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I never watched the guy before the whole disappearing act on twitch but I gotta hand it to him for his production values lmao

Many consider Doc to have the best production values on stream.

So they know why Twitch banned him and don't want to touch him?

"He has a Join button that means that Youtube accepted him as partner, but he's not a partner tough" - That's what Slasher said.

Join button is only for Youtube partners.

nath999

May 7, 2018
It will leak some day why Twitch banned him and I don't think it's anything nefarious like some are suggesting.

I'm sure he will just start streaming on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.