• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a current gen game, they are redoing it from the start and its so heavy? Specifics are needed

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm curious if we'll see any indication of that once the game launches. With new console hardware releases there's always complications and unexpected hurdles

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is just an isolated case but we'll see. Sure it'll turn out fine on PS5 regardless

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I really like that he's doubling down on this, I'll take his word for it. No doubt Capcom irons this out by launch but I wonder if this is an indication of how the multiplat situation will be going into next-gen.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this doesn't surprise me as the trailer yesterday really seemed like it didn't show much new. Like it was mostly stuff we saw from the reveal trailer with the Merchant at the end.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I really feel like Dusk needed to stay away from talking about this kind of stuff after the last time, but the guy really just can't help himself I guess.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean I could see it making sense at the start of the gen. Series X has more raw power so it'll be a bit easier to brute force things than on PS5. Shouldn't be a problem in the long run

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I've seen a couple insiders hinting that the difference between Xbox Series X and PS5 might be bigger than we realize.

Looking forward to Digital Foundry faceoffs.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
How is that even possible? it doesnt look like the game that would need even stronger hardware... we are at the start of the next gen and developers are already held back by its hardware? what the actual fuck? :D PS5 isnt even that weaker than Series X, right? how come they have problems with PS5 and not Series S?

Oct 30, 2017
So they aren't having issues with the next-gen Xbox but with the PS5? Don't they both have very similar architecture? Is it the terror flaps?

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
The irony is that RE8 was one of the graphically most unimpressive games at the ps5 showcase and you could visibly see the frame drops and choppy performance in the trailer

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
How is that even possible? it doesnt look like the game that would need even stronger hardware... we are at the start of the next gen and developers are already held back by its hardware? what the actual fuck? :D PS5 isnt even that weaker than Series X, right? how come they have problems with PS5 and not Series S?
They might've overestimated how many assets you can load at once or something.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dusk really shouldn't be airing stuff in development out like this. The game is still at least a year out isn't it. They could be having a specific issue with the SDK not meshing with an engine feature but I'm sure it will be ironed out. Capcom has been pretty solid this past gen with polish.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not implausible that REengine isn't playing nice with the PS5 I guess. But I don't think we should extrapolate this to mean it's an insurmountable issue for Capcom or indicative of a wider problem with the PS5.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't they just yeet the resolution down to whatever required to get it to run? Presumably they'd have to do the same for the Series S

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Must be all those clocks people keep talking about. They're probably on the wrong timezone.

interesting timing once again.... we're giving this guy credibility still?
The guy is credible, stop with this nonsense.
You can think whatever you want about his timing, but what he reports on, is what he hears from trusted people, and he's been right most of the times.
2 weeks ago he leaked the PS5 event, the Shenmue series and Monster Hunter on Switch, so...

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I don't see why the PS5 would struggle with the game while both versions of the Xbox run fine. I guess it could be an API problem? Anyways hard to believe.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Is the series x that much more powerful or is it a case of Sony investing in technology that most developers haven't really had experience with yet (ssd)?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-4-1.gif

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I really feel like Dusk needed to stay away from talking about this kind of stuff after the last time, but the guy really just can't help himself I guess.
If it's true, he should most definitely talk about it. If people cant deal with it, that's on them. There's a power difference between the two consoles, and it might show itself every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.