• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

NOTE FOR THOSE JOINING LATE:

THEY DID NOT ANNOUNCE ANYTHING. Shacknews screwed up and I can't change the title. Or close my own thread.

shacknews may definitely have jumped the gun completely on posting this and for that I'm sorry:

Several people I know were listening to the conference call and claim that's not what they said - this was in the context of their history as a company that made Human Revolution as their first game. They were talking about how crazy it was to bite off that as their first project back in the day. If anyone wants to scrub through to confirm it shouldn't be tricky.

Shacknews update

Update: This was an out-of-context quote in reference to Eidos Montreal's beginning. Shacknews and the author regret this error in reporting.

lmao

Original OP that I will force you to read through strike-through because THEY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE ANYTHING:

www.shacknews.com

Deus Ex IP will be revived by Eidos Montreal with Embracer Group deal [Update]

Eidos Montreal has some plans for its post-Square Enix future. You probably asked for this.

"At this time, we are crazy people who have decided to revive the Deus Ex IP as our first game," Eidos Montreal Studio Head David Anfossi said during the Embracer Group conference call. "A new team, a very complex production, a new tech, and a new studio, an easy challenge."

Last edited:
added context, may be false alarm
Nov 8, 2017
Several people I know were listening to the conference call and claim that's not what they said - this was in the context of their history as a company that made Human Revolution as their first game. They were talking about how crazy it was to bite off that as their first project back in the day. If anyone wants to scrub through to confirm it shouldn't be tricky.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_oq6g8zx2ho1w8w6cyo1_500.gifv

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Fuck yeaaaahhhhhh. What great news.

I hope it's not Adam Jensen though. Ready to move on to a new protag.

OP
OP
DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

man, wtf shack news because that makes sense

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they talking about Human Revolution? This reads weirdly for a brand new game, but makes sense for HR talking about their studio history.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Don't know what to think. The article makes it seem clear that they are actually working on a new Deus Ex game, but maybe they aren't? Why else mention Unreal Engine 5?

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how they would do it but I would love to see JC return.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

This. They did not say they were making a new Deus Ex.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If that's the case why is there some quote about wanting to use Unreal Engine 5?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

The article says they mentioned using Unreal Engine 5?

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah, that quote doesn't read clearly enough for me to be 100% sure. The tenses are all funky. He says, "at this time" but is clearly talking about the initial revival of Deus Ex. Also, David Anfosi's primary language is French, he may have meant to say "At that time".

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I think the "have" is a mistake here because Anfossi clearly seems to be talking about Human Revolution here, based on the context of "new team, a very complex production, a new tech, and a new studio".

Nov 8, 2017

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
LMAO

Immediately after getting away from Square! Good on them.

Looking forward to whatever EM works on.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The article mentions that the new deus ex will be done on unreal engine 5, was that actually talked about on the call?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
This makes more sense. The "a new team" bit felt out of place.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

Embracer Group enters into an agreement to acquire Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix MontrƩal

Embracer Group enters into an agreement to acquire Eidos, Crystal Dynamics, and Square Enix MontrƩal amongst other assets.00:01:30 Lars Wingefors - CEO & Co-...

Here is the quoted text, timestamped to 890 seconds roughly.

He literally says "lets start at the beginning, we were founded in 2007..." etc before the quoted text.

He's discussing the past and how they came to be where they are now

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed this is a sequel to Mankind Divided instead of a reboot. There's so much juicy potential in a follow-up to that game. I need closure for Adam's story šŸ˜­

Status
Not open for further replies.