• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In addition to the right to physical health care, we must prioritize affordable, high-quality mental health services. Despite the widespread need for these services, many Americans are denied coverage. Elizabeth's Behavioral Health Coverage Transparency Act would hold insurers accountable for providing adequate mental health benefits and ensure Americans receive the protections they are guaranteed by law. She has also worked to hold the Department of Health and Human Services accountable for improving insurers' compliance with mental health parity laws through an online consumer portal.

Oct 25, 2017
C1hYfSgWQAAmynO.jpg

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't terribly surprising. I've been on Medicare for a while now and their mental health coverage is abysmal, mostly because providers aren't willing to take the pay cut. Still haven't been able to find a decent therapist.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Which twitter misinformation troll did you copy this from?

That page from her website does NOT say that her plan doesn't include mental health services.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking for the actual text of the Behavioral Health Coverage Transparency Act, but I can't find it....If it really is just trying to hold insurers "accountable" without actually forcing them to providing mental health care, then yeah. That is shitty.

Never mind. Found it. Reading now.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Under my plan, Medicare for All will cover the full list of benefits outlined in the Medicare for All Act, including long-term care, audio, vision, dental, and mental health benefits. My plan will cover every single person in the U.S., and includes common-sense payment reforms that make Medicare for All possible without spending any more money overall than we spend now.
the full list of benefits outlined in the Medicare for All Act, including long-term care, audio, vision, dental, and mental health benefits.
mental health benefits

Oct 26, 2017
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but maybe it's because no single act of her plan should be read by itself, and should all be considered as a whole. This act by itself doesn't seem like much, but the potential is there.

"(8) DISCLOSURE AND ENFORCEMENT REQUIREMENTS.—

"(A) DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS.—

"(i) REGULATIONS.—Not later than 6 months after the date of enactment of this paragraph, the Secretary, in cooperation with the Secretaries of Labor and the Treasury, shall issue regulations for carrying out this section, including an explanation of documents that group health plans and health insurance issuers offering group or individual health insurance coverage shall disclose in accordance with clause (ii), the process governing the disclosure of such documents, and analyses that such plans and issuers shall conduct in order to demonstrate compliance with this section.
Is this normal to introduce something where the language in it isn't yet defined? How do you vote to pass something that doesn't define regulations, but instead says 6 months after they'll be introduced?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for the actual text of the Behavioral Health Coverage Transparency Act, but I can't find it....If it really is just trying to hold insurers "accountable" without actually forcing them to providing mental health care, then yeah. That is shitty.

Never mind. Found it. Reading now.

Warren released a detailed Medicare 4 All plan this past week, and it says right there that her plan covers mental health benefits.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
You know that she is literally just using Bernie's M4A plan, but with a way of paying for it, unlike him, right?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just quoting her own website.

Which you didn't read or failed to comprehend. That was her original healthcare page. She highlighted certain issues - like prescription drugs and mental health. She did NOT say they wouldn't be covered under her plan. That's a false leap you made.

And in the plan she released this week, it says more specifically that her plan covers mental health benefits.

From her website:

Under my plan, Medicare for All will cover the full list of benefits outlined in the Medicare for All Act, including long-term care, audio, vision, dental, and mental health benefits. My plan will cover every single person in the U.S., and includes common-sense payment reforms that make Medicare for All possible without spending any more money overall than we spend now.

elizabethwarren.com

Ending the Stranglehold of Health Care Costs on American Families | Elizabeth Warren

Elizabeth's Medicare for All plan gives everyone good insurance and cuts their health care costs to nearly zero -- without increasing middle-class taxes one penny.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Uh, "hold insurers accountable"? There would effectively be no insurers under a M4A plan as all services would be covered.

I'm not familiar with the details of her plan, it does effectively eliminate all private health insurance outside of things like supplemental for plastic surgery, like the Sanders bill correct?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the op get to make this thread and bail? Not even acknowledging the correct info people are providing? What was their point?

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
If I read one more leftist show fight over Bernie vs. Liz on M4A, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Both plans are make-believe shell games because neither of them wants to say out loud what has to happen for American health care to join the rest of the developed world. But every time you attack one of these candidates on behalf of the other, you're doing health care lobbyists' job for them. Just stop.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Well, guess I have to vote for Bernie now, lest I make a mistake and vote for Trump-lite.

I won't vote for Bernie, unless he's winning. At least I don't have to worry about that though.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Getting private insurance for mental health care is a small price to pay for having all of my other health needs guaranteed at minimal cost forever.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Which you didn't read or failed to comprehend. That was her original healthcare page. She highlighted certain issues - like prescription drugs and mental health. She did NOT say they wouldn't be covered under her plan. That's a false leap you made.

And in the plan she released this week, it says more specifically that her plan covers mental health benefits.

From her website:

elizabethwarren.com

Ending the Stranglehold of Health Care Costs on American Families | Elizabeth Warren

Elizabeth's Medicare for All plan gives everyone good insurance and cuts their health care costs to nearly zero -- without increasing middle-class taxes one penny.
Given the premise of this thread isn't actually true, it has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.