• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is enough to make a thread about; please forgive me if it's not.

We need to start isolating "genius," clout is a disease. People get really good at one thing and talk out their ass about everything else.

Then, we as a society allow this.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Which test Is he using? The rapid test that has under 50% accuracy? Becuase that lines up perfectly. It also lines up with Musk being a dumbass who was born into a gem mine fortune who likes to spew some of stupidest shit he can think of in the moment.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm sure there's a word for this, but I very selfishly enjoy it when someone like this reveals their true idiot colors to the world, because more often than not I will have gotten a lot of shit for thinking they were a pretentious, pompous, self-important asshole all along. A cousin of schadenfreude, perhaps.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
And yet you go to twitter to undermine general rapid covid testing to disway the seesawers for all to see...you fuckin clown 🤡

Everyday twitter proves it was a fuckin mistake. Given asshokes like this a gotdamn platform.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Elon Musk is undermining COVID testing because he's stupid any more than I think he's doing it to point out flaws in rapid tests. I think he's doing it because he wants to make the most use of his workers regardless of conditions that may be harmful to them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should cover up the fact that rapid testing isn't as accurate as you might think, British Medical Journal estimates that 1 in 5 positive rapid tests are false positives (not sure if its the same one he's using) https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4262

Musk is a douche though, no doubt about that.

I'm less worried about rapid testing being inaccurate (I'm aware) than Musk spitting off the cuff in an irresponsible way, and following it up by suggesting that the testing is just for money.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm less worried about rapid testing being inaccurate (I'm aware) than Musk spitting off the cuff in an irresponsible way, and following it up by suggesting that the testing is just for money.

It is a problem though because the manufacturer is disincentivized to fix the test, the more positives they find, the more tests they sell, I think bearing in mind we're talking about the pharmaceutical industry, this is something people should be angry about.

Also when 20% of the people testing positive get no symptoms and don't pass it on to anyone, what does that do for the public perception of the threat?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Musk? A dipshit? No way man he's a real life Tony stark ! A genius who Wil leave the world!

/s

Fuck Elon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a problem though because the manufacturer is disincentivized to fix the test, the more positives they find, the more tests they sell, I think bearing in mind we're talking about the pharmaceutical industry, this is something people should be angry about.

Also when 20% of the people testing positive get no symptoms and don't pass it on to anyone, what does that do for the public perception of the threat?

Okay, yeah, that's valid. Well, maybe I jumped the gun & I'm the idiot here. I suppose I don't like it being conflated with general testing, because I know Musk is known to downplay the virus by a lot.

But I suppose these tweets in particular aren't wrong.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
People are dying yet this fuckwit consumes COVID tests like they're jelly beans, then contests the results and undermines the process on social media.

We need to stop calling millionaires geniuses.

Oct 27, 2017

Okay, yeah, that's valid. Well, maybe I jumped the gun & I'm the idiot here. I suppose I don't like it being conflated with general testing, because I know Musk is known to downplay the virus by a lot.

But I suppose these tweets in particular aren't wrong.

I don't think you're an idiot, he's definitely being an asshole and just wants to keep his factories open, he's just also carefully chosen his line of attack.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
My university has had multiple batches of false positives for 2 or so weeks now (every student is tested once a week). I was under strict quarantine for a week because of one, as were 100 or so other people. I legit think this is an issue.

And I'm saying that as someone who doesn't fuck with Elon at all

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Well, duh. Rapid antigen tests are already widely known for its inaccuracies. Do proper PCR swab tests next time, and I hope that nurse jam the cotton swab up in Musk's nose a little harder.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There is no way he is isolating
This guy is a total fucking asshole. Guess money really can't buy class

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Which test Is he using? The rapid test that has under 50% accuracy? Becuase that lines up perfectly. It also lines up with Musk being a dumbass who was born into a gem mine fortune who likes to spew some of stupidest shit he can think of in the moment.
He stated antigen tests which are the fast tests. Usually the next verification process are PCR tests which when positive are almost 100% correct.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It probably is worth pointing out that it shouldn't require 4 tests for any sort of clarity, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.