• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"There has been no abnormal release of radioactivity from the station and emergency staff are responding to the situation."
[...]
The bulletin said people "do not need to take protective actions at this time."
Source

Apparently only affects people within 10km of the station, and the Ontario Government hasn't said anything else regarding what's going on or what happened

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm in Pickering and got this warning. I was really fucked up for a sentence or two there.

I know where my iodine pills are, at least.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was a heck of a way to wake up this morning. Quite a bit of confusion. If everything was "okay" why send out an alert. But now the alert was ent out by accident? Jeez.

I wonder how many people in Ontario were Googling how far they live from Pickering this morning?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 98km away from Pickering and the whole family got the alert. Not too sure what part of all this was sent in error, but we shouldn't have got this at all.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WX0PUeQ.gif

Sidenote - if you live within 50km if the reactor, you are eligible to order free potassium iodide pills from the government. Protects your thyroid in the case of radioactive release. https://preparetobesafe.ca

After this alert, I got my order in.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't get this warning.

I never get any warning.

Hello my pickering friend.

It very well could have just been an automated alert. Which is good if a real emergency were to happen.
Hello! I didn't expect there to be more than one of us here so the responses surprise me. Though I see the warning got sent pretty wide.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I'm 98km away from Pickering and the whole family got the alert. Not too sure what part of all this was sent in error, but we shouldn't have got this at all.
Yes you should have. By sending it province wide they are making sure people don't enter danger unaware in case you had plans to travel to pickering and it give people opportunity to contact family and friends in affected areas.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for the the bus in midtown Toronto and this sets my phone off and I was not exactly thrilled.
And to know hear it was sent by accident. Nothing like reenacting Fallout to really give you the warm and fuzzies on a Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.