• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Did Game of Thrones or Endgame have the better event of the week?

• Endgame

Votes: 201 81.7%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 45 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So I think a lot of people this week have been excited about the story conclusions in two of media's biggest franchises, Game of Thrones and Avenger's Endgame. Now that both are out, which one do you feel was more satisfying? I know that Game of Thrones has more episodes, but tonight's episode wrapped up a major plotline central throughout the show that has had people theorizing for years.

Last edited:

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Endgame was a wonderfully crafted celebration of a 22-film saga that managed to mix elements of action, emotion, drama, and pure fanservice into one three hour package that flies by in an instant.

Tonight's episode of Game of Thrones was a 90 minute fight scene with competent direction and faulty lighting.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame was one of the most satisfying endings I've ever seen while tonight's GoT was horribly lit and massively underwhelming and anticlimactic.

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly it's a horrible stroke of luck for GoT that Endgame came out this weekend. Everybody watched the MCU fucking nail it and then watched GoT do a kinda adequate job.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Neither. Marvel fans are delusional and GoT fans are just plain disappointed.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Rocket Raccoon randomly killed Thanos at the end of Endgame. That's Game of Thrones tonight.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Endgame had way more emotional payoff and wrapped up a lot of character arcs and plot threads.

Game of Thrones was a fun and exciting battle, but they didn't get much payoff with the whole lord of light deal and prophecies and everything. Granted I'm a book reader, so I'm pretty invested in all the extra hints and details about that, also granted it's not the end of the series as a whole.

But yeah, Endgame takes it.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Endgame delivered on 10 years of hype story telling.

Game of Thrones was good, not great, and a bad case of "can't see shit, Captain" because of how fucking dark it was.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame was a better earned ending to the saga.

GoT ending of that storyline was fucking laughable.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I did enjoy this week's GoT, it's Endgame, easily.
Paying off the 21 movies before it.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Abstaining from voting, because they are so different! But I still have opinions :)

Endgame was like pure fanservice, and absolutely perfect for the climax of 22(ish?) movies in a long ass series.

Game of Thrones was one incredibly important episode of the final season of a show that is still airing.

For what they each were I am very grateful to have experienced them both in the same weekend, and cannot possibly compare them aside from saying that the weight of Thrones felt a little heavier than Endgame, but the payoff of Endgame was more enjoyable.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Endgame was one of the most emotionally and thematically satisfying endings one could ask for.

Game of Thrones has been one long wet fart since last season.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
EndGame easily. GOT went full Vince McMahon do a swerve just because everyone figured out where the storyline was going.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There hasn't been a battle between concluding media franchises this lopsided since Breaking Bad vs. Dexter.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a much, much bigger fan of Game of Thrones. I've been so pumped for game of thrones and I constantly defend it from people who are becoming more skeptical and complaining. But Endgame delivered on the hype spectacularly and perfectly, Game of Thrones did not.

Such a shame, if it wasn't for Endgame I'd be really disappointed right now. Game of Thrones was still a great episode of TV, just really not what it could or should have been after all the build up.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Endgame had a much more impactful ending and emotional buildup and payload/payoff.

GoT's Season 8 Episode 3 was awesome till the end with the way they pulled off that ending. Also the lighting was a bit bad - could have been a tad bit brighter but it was done well imo regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.