• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
We all know Epic games pay for the keys of the games they give away. Still don't know if a flat fee, per bundles or by unit... But giving away the games is not a free gift from the developers.

This week has Railway Empire and "Where the Water tastes like Wine", an adventure game that had Sting (not WCW wrestler Sting) as one of the voices. there were news that the game failed totally. According to SteamSpy, somewhat like 50k owners, which is a really low sales number.

So just been given away by Epic Games might be saving them.

Wanted to play the game someday, but now i will surely do thanks to the free game.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Is this just speculative or is there any news or comment from the developers about the health of the studio?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thought there might've been news or something, but no, OP is just telling tales from his arse

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... I guess we won't know that, because how can we? I expect tons of people just add indie games to libraries and don't even play them.

The game is really interesting when it comes to narrative elements, but gameplay felt like a chore.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
It´s on Game Pass, too btw.

Edit: Well, it was, until a month ago.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't it also in that Itch.Io BLM mega pack? I don't really know if things were as dire as you describe.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I thought there was going to be some evidence to support this thought, OP.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The game is really interesting when it comes to narrative elements, but gameplay felt like a chore.

Yeah, the glacial pace of your skele character walking across the US map really killed the pacing of the game for me.

Shame, as I really wanted to like it being a big fan of Sunless Skies/Sea, etc.

Austin Walker even wrote one of the stories.

Oct 27, 2017
The game isn't good. The actual gameplay is terrible, and the stories themselves are not enjoyable enough. Plus the visuals are so poor you are slogging across the PSX map...

The worst kind of fusion: either play a fun game, or enjoy a different kind of storytelling medium (books or shows)

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I like my free games, I guess I'm actually supporting devs without actually given them a cent, if each game redeem counts as a sale for them.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Please source things that you are stating as fact. The OP and thread title do not give off the impression that this is known. As such, this is being closed

Status
Not open for further replies.