• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
FLu_9y0XMAMviD2

"NOW IN GAME: #Fortnite - Level Up Quest Pack"

Pick up the Level Up Quest Pack to get Monarch now and unlock weekly Quests. Complete Quests to earn additional rewards and Battle Pass levels!

This pack will be added to the game in a few hours. Before it's arrival today, Epic has disabled the ability to earn more Daily XP quests when playing in a party (Before you could party up with anyone, now it is only if they're your friends).

While Epic will typically mess around with XP throughout the numerous seasons. Disabling an avenue of XP gain the same day a new skin that offers up to 28 levels is arriving into the game is rather suspect. Especially as the season ends in less than a month and had no issue keeping that option open prior to this release.

While most here don't partake in Fortnite, Chapter 3 specially has been less giving with XP compared to other seasons and moves like this aren't helping provide much confidence in how future seasons will go.

The skin itself isn't a bad idea, as it's essentially allowing you to get more levels on your pass vs buying them outright (which has been an option for awhile). However, offering this while taking other avenues away just isn't a good look though.

Hopefully Epic re-evaluates future seasons and isn't leaning on making them basically impossible to compete with either making them a second job or paying for the right to unlock items. Right now the foot forward isn't setting a good precedent however.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I only party up with my friend, so I suppose this change won't effect me, but it is a bit shitty.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
the devs at epic crunched very hard to get this skin made so the least you can all do is buy it.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Huh? This season's been stupidly easy to level up. There are so many ways to get XP its not even funny lmao
Yeah, that comment confused me too. If OP considers Fortnite Season 3 stingy with XP to level up, they're in for a rude awakening when they play literally any other live service game

Compared to prior seasons the XP is a lot more out of the way, especially where the main quests are concerned. I'm about to get level 200 and a lot of that came from going out of my way compared to prior seasons.

This has less to do with "well other games are harder" and more the scumminess of it. The system hasn't been changed the entire season and now with this offering they suddenly needed to change it?

If they needed to reel back XP gain and options, there's the next season to start doing that.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
I would usually get to 200 by now in a season( a month before the seasons end). It is definitely slower. Im at like 165 right now.
Hope they make it better in the next season.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Compared to prior seasons the XP is a lot more out of the way, especially where the main quests are concerned. I'm about to get level 200 and a lot of that came from going out of my way compared to prior seasons.
Is it though? The weekly and daily challenges are the same as they've always been. A mix of piss easy and randomly obtuse ones. If you miss a daily the XP gets converted to supercharged XP which you get from just playing the game normally and Creative/STW give you XP just from passively playing it.

You obviously have the addition of Milestones and Shanta quests, but Milestones are meant to be challenges you earn overtime and not something you go out of your way for and Shanta quests arent really meant for grinding XP but for style changes like the Mando challenges.

I mean I dont argue removing the XP bonus from doing dailies with randoms is scummy as hell (I abused the shit out of it though lmao) just don't really get the "stingy XP" comment.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is it though? The weekly and daily challenges are the same as they've always been. A mix of piss easy and randomly obtuse ones. If you miss a daily the XP gets converted to supercharged XP which you get from just playing the game normally and Creative/STW give you XP just from passively playing it.

You obviously have the addition of Milestones and Shanta quests, but Milestones are meant to be challenges you earn overtime and not something you go out of your way for and Shanta quests arent really meant for grinding XP but for style changes like the Mando challenges.

I mean I dont argue removing the XP bonus from doing dailies with randoms is scummy as hell (I abused the shit out of it though lmao) just don't really get the "stingy XP" comment.

I guess we could say it's based on playstyle. We have both sides of the spectrum saying XP is fine or isn't as nice as before. So how a user typically plays is likely the big difference.

So if not stingy, we could probably say it's not as giving then. I'll update the OP.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

I've done every quest and daily and am 145 with a month left. Last season I finished with two months left.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The change is just that now you need to party with friends and not any random people to earn extra xp? sounds like a normal change, very likely not related to the new skin. Partying with random people is less engaging than parting with friends so it makes sense for Epic to prioritize one over the other, they want you addicted to the game and its easier to do so with friends.

the title sounds like an exaggeration

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting the pushback the OP has gotten in this thread. Seems the epic defense force truly wants you to play the game their way. Sorry op.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a good thing, but also once you do your 3 daily quests any subsequent ones you complete only reward 750 XP each which is practically nothing once your BP level gets high enough.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
This pack will be added to the game in a few hours. Before it's arrival today, Epic has disabled the ability to earn more Daily XP quests when playing in a party (Before you could party up with anyone, now it is only if they're your friends).

Tbh, daily quests aren't worth it after 3

I'm pissed they disabled Creative idling though

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
translation less people are buying cosmetics/playing fortnite and we need to juice revenue lol.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
I thought my game was bugged because I couldn't see everyone's dailies. I love the new chapter map and things they've added, but the xp changes have really made it feel more of a grind than previous seasons to me (I'm pretty casual).

Tbh, daily quests aren't worth it after 3

I'm pissed they disabled Creative idling though
Agreed. I wouldn't be anywhere close to my current level if it weren't for the idling. I get it, just idling for xp is kinda lame, but it was a nice boost.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
There's absolutely no way the Fortnite gravy train has slowed down to the point where they need to pivot to alternative revenue methods.

...right?

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm by no means a "sweat" and I'm not really finding this season any more less stingy with the XP. As far as this particular move, there have always been at least a few XP challenges per season that are contingent on playing with friends, so this doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me, if not exactly the same implementation.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that comment confused me too. If OP considers Fortnite Season 3 stingy with XP to level up, they're in for a rude awakening when they play literally any other live service game
I play like once a week if that and am almost 100 which is all I ever aim for. I actually stupdily missed level 100 last time where I got to level 98 because I forgot(UGH so dumb. I litereally just had to play 1 match...), and I am almost 100 already way before the season ending this time and I don't think I played anymore than I did before. So I think getting to 100 is a little bit easier this time from my exp. Past 100 I have no idea.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Sharing quests with randoms was a bug, according to Epic

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.