• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
screenshot2021-09-06aidkxx.png

Tell me which is for adding images and which is for embedding media?

Because I end up with a lot of this:
screenshot2021-09-06anfjak.png

I literally just did it while trying to include this image, no lie.

If at all possible, change the media icon to something more media like, a nice movie clapboard, or something like that. :D

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2021-09-06aidkxx.png

Tell me which is for adding images and which is for embedding media?

Because I end up with a lot of this:
screenshot2021-09-06anfjak.png

I literally just did it while trying to include this image, no lie.

If at all possible, change the media icon to something more media like, a nice movie clapboard, or something like that. :D

don't you get the alt text as soon as you highlight them?

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
Eyoo, I'm sure there's a place to put actual features/bugs requests but I have this same problem too : )

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, another icon would be better. Other options might include a TV screen or a video camera. (I realize that not all media embedded is video, but not all media embedded is a picture either.)

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah why can't we direct link imgur links anymore?

I really really hate having to embed as media and see all the stupid imgur branding and wrapper

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Yeah I've been thinking the same thing. A video symbol would be better imho even if it's not just for videos.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
While we're at it, pasting an image directly from the clipboard would be nice

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, good. I wasn't the only one who got that wrong a couple of times until adjustment kicked in.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
18-m.webp

mfw i'm minding my business on era and something horrible happens and the fate of the universe hangs on me choosing which one of these icon is media and which one is image

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I constantly confuse them, too. How in the world does a little fold in the paper represent non-image media?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I've mentioned this before as well, but thank you for making this thread.
People keep using media embeds for imgur pictures, which embeds it as a gallery (of one) rather than an image.

This icon on the right also means "broken image" not "cancel".
broken-image_7hj1g.png

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Clearly, it's meant to be media. The image one is just some mountains, the one for media is some mountains, a dot, and a folded corner. That's the international symbol for media.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Honestly this is the more standardized icon for general media in my experience.

fontawesome.com

Photo Video Icon | Font Awesome

Photo Video icon in the Version 5 Solid style. Make a bold statement in small sizes.. Available now in Font Awesome Pro.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like the op to highlight my agreement, but I can't do that either 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.