• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Apologies if a thread like this one does not have its place on here. If this is the case, please feel free to delete as I did not intend to cause any problems. I just could not find a way to reach moderators directly. Please, if this thread goes against the regulations, do not ban my account as I like hanging here a bit too much.

Early 2020, I kind of lost my job and have been on employment insurance since. Unfortunately, I was unable to fund my music project which has been what has honestly kept me mentally sane for the past 10 years. Thus, last week, I decided to take a leap of faith and open a crowdfunding page to fund my first music video. Turns out I was right in doing so, as I raised 850$ in 4 days, which to me was completely unthinkable.

Far from me the idea to beg for contributions, but the reality is that 2020 taught me an excellent lesson about ego and pride. So, let me leave them both aside and ask for your help. I have been working my ass off in building a unique sound, and I believe my new song "Jaded" encapsulates that. I made a little lyric video from scratch to introduce the track to friends and fans alike, and the response has been pretty positive so far. I just need the funds to shoot this music video, as it is a project that is very dear to my heart.

I don't feel necessary comfortable posting a thread like this one, but I guess I'm at a point where I have to risk it... If you have an interest in Canada's music scene or if you care about issues such as diversity, I ask that you take a minute of your time to check out my project. Whether you share it or contribute, I'd be so moved. I have been pleasantly surprised by the utter kindness of individuals in this very difficult year, and I know how some people have had it much worse than me! I sincerely hope I don't come across as I'm complaining. I just hope somehow that I can achieve my goal, and I'm really motivated to reach this goal whichever way.

Here's the link to my GoFundMe if you are interested: https://bit.ly/36YzEa4

I thank you for your time and I hope you, your family and friends are safe and healthy. Cheers xx.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
As cool as this looks, we don't allow for fundraising threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.