• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So earlier this very afternoon I came across this thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/let's-get-this-sh-t-straight-do-you-poop-in-the-shower.100479/

And I quickly found myself smiling and laughing at the very funny responses most of you were giving to this very silly thread about pooping in the shower. Upon reaching the last response I was ready to chime in with a snarky reply of mine until I ound out the thread had been locked down.

Why?

What do we want this side of this website to be? I'd like the moderators and administrators to ask themselves this quetion and ponder it. A quick glance at the thread titles of EtcetEra at any given time of any day is always an endless stream of shitty news aggregation with everything from big "stop the presses" breaking news to random "shitty person said shitty thing in god knows where" sprinkled with movies, tv or sports discussions. And more often than not many of these movies, tv or sports discussions are about something racist or sexist that someone from any of these fields said or did!

Let me be clear: I'm not saying these threads dont have a place here or that they shouldn't be created (personally I'd like less of them but it's not my decision nor it should be). What I'm saying or rather asking you is: should this be 99% of what EtcetEra is compromised of?

Not long ago a funny thread about someone who got lucky with a woman was getitng traction and a ton of very funny responses which was also locked but that time a moderator argued it was because the OP had gone into a bit too much detail on what his hands were doing to this anonymous woman of the story. I thought it was a bit of an overcorrection but I wont't argue against a moderator. Having said that what's the reason for closing the poop in the shower thread now? Was it filled with low brow humor? Yes! Was it innofensive and entertaining? Yes!! Was it funny as hell? Yes and yes! And I've seen this sort of stuff going on too many times on this place. We forgot what it is to have fun, at least on this side of the forums.

I know its easy to lose ourselves in the bad news of the hour but I invite the powers that be on Era to take a look at ourselves and decide if we want to be a place of, mostly, nothing but depressing news. We've been so programmed by what we see everyday that too often Ive seen innocent threads getting turned into a discussion about race, gender or politics/Trump.

I made this thread only because I care and love this community and I had to make known the side of this place that I'm growing to dislike more and more. I wish my non-native English skills would let me be more articulate than I'm being able to be here.

This is not about this ONE thread that got closed, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Love you, guys.

Last edited:

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Look paisano if you don't like it you can contribute, ignore the threads you don't like or leave, I'm sure they are a lot of other communities more related to your tastes and affiliations.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is literally a thread solely comprised of responding to the post above you with a gif. It is nothing but gifs. And everyone's posts getting ninja'd with all context with the gif you posted being lost. It is a beautiful mess. Many shark gifs. Many shark gifs.

You just ain't lookin' hard enough. That particular thread you linked was closed because it's just disgusting as shit (quite literally). If I catch you pooping in the shower, I'm going to make you eat it.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Make lighthearted threads if you want. I'm on here pretty often and I haven't seen what you're talking about. If it's a moderation issue, take it to PM's. A lot of people use the site as a news aggregator so don't be surprised there are more of those types of threads than threads discussing literal shit.
There is literally a thread solely comprised of responding to the post above you with a gif. It is nothing but gifs. And everyone's posts getting ninja'd with all context with the gif you posted being lost. It is a beautiful mess. Many shark gifs. Many shark gifs.

You just ain't lookin' hard enough. That particular thread you linked was closed because it's just disgusting as shit (quite literally). If I catch you pooping in the shower, I'm going to make you eat it.
Exactly.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that set you off was the mods closing a thread about pooping in the shower.

This isn't a "Am I an Ass for sticking Newborns with needles incorrectly"

or a "I have the worst taste in chicken because I like Church's"

or a "I should go to the doctor but I'mma ask y'all."

It was a thread about shitting in the shower.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Fun stuff happens all the time around here without having to post made up threads about shitting in the shower being a thing people do.

OP
OP
AztecComplex

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying there are zero funny threads. I'm saying there aren't enough of the because some of the few that pop up get closed down! Its not like aquick glance at EtcetEra at any given moment nets you one of these threads. 99.9% of the time they are threads about depressing news, even the smallest things sometimes get a thread here.

I remember one about a polar bear having to be put down when it got too close to some cruise tourists. Like, what were they supposed to do? Some posters were actually complaining that the tourists deserved to be eaten and the animal shoul've been left alone. That one thread, thankfully, did eventually get locked down but oh man... someone with deep chronic depression could get wrecked by visitng EtcetEra, Im afraid.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I honestly thought this wanna gonna be a thread about Crackdown 3 lol

Edit. Also, the Yay or Nay thread about ketchup on Egg was funny

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
While I do agree that this side of the forum needs to lighten the fuck up every now and then, can we not use the waffle stomping thread as the catalyst for this? We can do better than a literal shitpost lol

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm not saying there are zero funny threads. I'm saying there aren't enough of the because some of the few that pop up get closed down! Its not like aquick glance at EtcetEra at any given moment nets you one of these threads. 99.9% of the time they are threads about depressing news, even the smallest things sometimes get a thread here.
I mean, it just sounds like you don't like the forum tbh, which is fine, not every forum is going to be for everyone. I don't think it is going to change to suit your interests.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
You could say mods waffle stomped that poop thread out of existence. I didn't even know that was a term until I stumbled on that thread. Lol

I dunno. I feel like that thread had run its course by the time it was locked.

OP
OP
AztecComplex

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what other answer you were expecting, making a thread complaining about the forum is the contrary of constructive.
Its called constructive criticism. I didnt make a quick thread with me just whining. I wrote 10 paragraphs saying what I dont like and what we could do about it.

You, on the other hand, basically came here to say "if you dont like it then leave".

One is not like the other.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
That was a dumb thread just looking for reactions.

We don't need to stoop to that level to make this place "fun".

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
These threads involving meta commentary of the site rarely result in constructive discussion as such this topic is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.