• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The old place memes and in jokes must die. What say you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Like a lot of ERA members I have fond menories of the old place, I was active there for nearly 5 years before it all went to shit and ERA was born from the aftermath. I considered it to be one of the most reliable places for news on upcoming new games for a long time, a lot of well connected industry insiders posted there and actually cared about what we the gamers thought.

Every so often you see something and it reminds us just why we left the old place behind. I had a brief visit there not too long ago and it has gone to hell so badly, the right wingers have taken over.

Old bans got overturned to keep up activity and member counts. The result is a literal hellscape populated by largely far right beliefs as any politcial threads prove.

We need to start over, the old place memes and in jokes, from now on they are dead. Leave them in the past, we shall create new ones without any of the taint.

What do you think, ERA?

Also, i'll say this right now, mods, please leave the poll alone, no adding any more options, please

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
The community made the memes, the website didn't make the memes. The memes are not tainted. New memes will appear and take on just as the old memes did; you can't 'make new memes', because memes are organic.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the same community that moved to a different address.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need threads meta-commenting on other communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.