• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Low effort thread creation containing video with homophobic slurs
I remember as a kid when the guy who played Cowboy Bebop and the other guy who worked for Obama made a movie scene about this sandwich

(Warning: Homophobic joke, inappropriate language)

Thats all the thread's about, a random childhood memory

Last edited:

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
I hadn't heard of it til I saw this movie but I still think of this scene from time to time.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Fucked up scene nowadays but growing up with it I can't help but laugh a little bit at this scene.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
2008 was a long time ago

I think people know what Harold and Kumar is/was
You literally just said "2008 was a long time ago". So, no, not everyone is going to know what this is/was. But even if they did, that's besides the point, it was homophobic then and it's homophobic now. Not to mention a bunch of other shitty things about it too. And at the very least you should let people know you're posting a "comedy" scene with slurs in it. Some people don't want to hear that shit.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
You literally just said "2008 was a long time ago". So, no, not everyone is going to know what this is/was. But even if they did, that's besides the point, it was homophobic then and it's homophobic now. Not to mention a bunch of other shitty things about it too. And at the very least you should let people know you're posting a "comedy" scene with slurs in it. Some people don't want to hear that shit.
It was a long time ago in the context of it being a childhood movie for some people; the series itself, as a r-rated 2000's comedy, isnt "unknown"
I'll post a warning in the OP though

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I remember as a kid when the guy who played Cowboy Bebop and the other guy who worked for Obama made a movie scene about this sandwich

(Warning: Homophobic joke)

Thats all the thread's about, a random childhood memory

I remember watching the trailer for this on a computer in college.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I first encountered the words "cock-meat sandwich" in a Howard Stern book in the '90s. There was a story about a woman finding a penis in her sandwich at a restaurant accompanied by a drawing of the situation by Drew Friedman.
It was either in Private Parts or Miss America, both of which came out years before Cowboy Bebop or Harold And Kumar.

Status
Not open for further replies.