• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So according to this article, Trump may be able to have PA ballots that arrived after 8PM on election day to be thrown out due to PA election law. Trump kept PA from updating their election policy and of course deployed the post office shenanigans. If Trump wins this Supreme Court ruling (which is within PA election law) would that shift the state back to red?

Here is the article:

www.statesman.com

Fact-check: Is PA not counting ballots that arrived after 8 p.m. on Election Day?

Justin Clark: “Major decision protecting voting rights in Pa. Ballots received after Election Day will not be...

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they haven't even been counted yet anyway so it wouldn't even make a difference. They've been segregated.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
my understanding is that all these late votes were already kept separate

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
PA hasn't counted them yet and have already separated because they knew the GOP would try to throw them out plus there isn't enough of them to change the results even if they did.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They purposely segregated all of those knowing this could happen, and those won't even matter with as far up Biden is.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They were already separated and don't account for a large amount of ballots.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
They are segregated, they wouldn't change the election and would probably further embarrass him. This is just click bait.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Come on, people. Go in the Biden megathread to vet these these. You're just causing anxiety for doomposters lol.

We live in a disinformation age.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's like responding to a checkmate by taking an opponent's unrelated pawn off the board.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
This was anticipated ahead of time and these ballots were set aside to be counted last.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for Trump to flip and demand these votes be counted. And then claim they were all for him, and that he wins (again).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They tried everything they could to stop people voting, and to stop votes arriving in time. Then they tried to have their own electors ignore the will of the people. Then they refuse to accept the result, and cry about fraud while providing zero examples. And 70 million Americans support this.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
What if they counted the ballots and Trump actually won PA but the courts ruled to throw them out 😆😆

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
What if they counted the ballots and Trump actually won PA but the courts ruled to throw them out 😆😆
Biden is up by 40k votes in PA and rising. These votes that came in late are a small amount, like 10k at most. It won't change the outcome at all. Republicans seem to think it's 40k for some reason and have been counted already but in reality they're still counting "regular" ballots and have separated these ballots since they came in and have remained uncounted because PA knew they'd pull this shit. They most likely won't be thrown out but they won't change the outcome at all in either direction.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Biden is up by 40k votes in PA and rising. These votes that came in late are a small amount, like 10k at most. It won't change the outcome at all. Republicans seem to think it's 40k for some reason and have been counted already but in reality they're still counting "regular" ballots and have separated these ballots since they came in and have remained uncounted because PA knew they'd pull this shit. They most likely won't be thrown out but they won't change the outcome at all in either direction.
Is it 10K, or is that your guess?

My guess is they will ultimately be thrown out. Republicans will appeal to their Supreme Court and the SC has consistently come down on the side of state legislatures, so what's in the state law will stand.

What gets lost in this discussion is that this was Trump's attempt to steal the election. He had his stooge delay the USPS on purpose, knowing those votes would be mostly Biden's. If Trump were in the lead by a few thousand right now, he could have stolen PA's 20 electoral votes.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Is it 10K, or is that your guess?

My guess is they will ultimately be thrown out. Republicans will appeal to their Supreme Court and the SC has consistently come down on the side of state legislatures, so what's in the state law will stand.

What gets lost in this discussion is that this was Trump's attempt to steal the election. He had his stooge delay the USPS on purpose, knowing those votes would be mostly Biden's. If Trump were in the lead by a few thousand right now, he could have stolen PA's 20 electoral votes.
I forget the exact number I just remember the late mail in ballots is a small amount so my 10k is being generous. It's definitely not 40k like some of Trump's followers believe and would need in order to flip the state. My main point is the amount isn't enough even assuming all of them are votes for Trump which is unlikely.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If he exhausts every other argument, I wonder if he'll demand they be counted in the unlikely event it could tip it back to him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's entirely possible those votes are 50/50 Republican anyway. The early mail-in votes were closer to 80/20 Biden. The late ones might be 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.