• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
New Call of Duty (Infinity Ward)
Outer Worlds
Gears 5
Pokemon Sword/Shield

I'm sure Ubisoft and Bethesda (Doom: Eternal) have something cooked up for the fall, but don't you guys think late 2019 is looking to be pretty barren?

I noticed there's no big 3rd person open world adventure to fill the void that Assassin's Creed has the past 2 years so that's kind of a bummer.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 is a big title, and I'll be shocked if Ubi doesn't have Watch Dogs 3 releasing in the fall.

Jan 31, 2019
I'd give it at least until E3 to start worrying.
I noticed there's no big 3rd person open world adventure to fill the void that Assassin's Creed has the past 2 years so that's kind of a bummer.
I mean you mentioned Ubisoft, its basically an open secret Watch Dogs is this year Ninja'd

EDIT: And if we're counting Outer Worlds there is also Ancestors

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, studios are more willing to sit on announcements until nearer to release. I'm betting it's going to be a great second half.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Dont we always see topics like this around this time of year only to get Fall game release dates/announcements a few weeks later? lol

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Not as barren as Fall 2020.

Next time, wait 'til after E3 to make these threads.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Next gen is right around the corner so I wouldn't be surprised if most AAA efforts are at least beginning to focus on that.

That said, there is more than likely stuff to be announced at E3. I'd be more shocked if the window remained as empty as it is after E3 time.

OP
OP
g23

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Well with how long dev cycles are now, I figured most companies would have announced games slated for 2019 already.

The only company I know that really sits on announcements is Bethesda.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Just wait until they announce a new Rocksteady game, FF7R, Cyberpunk 2077 and TloU part 2 all coming this fall.

They won't, but anything can happen between now and the end of E3.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Ubi definitively has something, Nintendo won't have just Pokemon, TLOU2 and/or Ghost of Tsushima are probably coming out on Fall.

Anyway, wait for E3

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless some of the rumors are true and we get Cyberpunk 2077 Nov/Dec :O

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Well with how long dev cycles are now, I figured most companies would have announced games slated for 2019 already.

The only company I know that really sits on announcements is Bethesda.

Ubisoft (AC: Odyssey for example) and WB Games (Hitman 2, Shadow of War) also tend to reveal and release within the same year. Same goes for Square Enix's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and now 2K's Borderlands 3. Seems to be an industry trend in general. Heck, Apex Legends came out of nowhere.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Lol this thread gonna look funny in a few months

Borderlands 3
Pokemon
Watch_Dogs 3
Sony prob gonna drop TLoU2 on our heads
Doom Eternal might get a launch this year
MS might even have something maybe

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
from my perspective this year is totally stacked

we got:
  • The Division 2
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Halo: MCC for PC
  • Mario Maker 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • Borderlands 3
  • Doom Eternal
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • Gears 5
...and probably more I'm forgetting

OP
OP
g23

g23

Oct 27, 2017
I also want to point out that I think this year has been alot more front loaded than usual.

I mean early this yr we already had:

The Division, Metro, Anthem, Sekiro, Crackdown (lol). Feels like companies released their heavy hitters earlier this year than usual.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me, Fall 2019 is going to be stacked -

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
- Doom Eternal
- Gears 5
- Link's Awakening
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Watch Dogs 3

This doesn't include possible releases from Square Enix or WB Games. The entire year of 2019 is stacked for me. Thus far, NSMBUD for Switch, REmake2, Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, The Division 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. For the next two quarters, I have Mortal Kombat XI, Days Gone, Rage 2, Judgment, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Control and Astral Chain which all have a release date. Then I have games like The Outer Worlds, Biomutant and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night that im fully expecting before the third quarter ends. Seriously, 2019 is stacked.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Probably lots of next gen preparation going on behind the scenes.

Also last year was an absolute banger when it came to AAA releases so something's gotta give.

Status
Not open for further replies.