• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Walmart just put up their preorder for the game for $49 (great deal, hope other retailers match).

Nice to see that the Xbox Version for current gen has the optimized for Series X and Smart Delivery label on the box front and center... which means $49 and you are good to go on any current gen xbox and the future Gen Series X and probably the Series S about to be revealed....

It would be nice for Playstation to add something to their box or copy Microsoft on their initiative... as of now, no sign of a ps5 version for free for the upgrade.... and hard for moms and dads who are clueless to figure that out at retail...

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
You put in the PS4 disc into the PS5 and play the PS5 version. Just like Watch Dogs and ACV.

Also pretty sure there will be PS5 skus of these games, too.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018

I'm assuming the disc version is the same

Upgrade to PlayStation 5 Version: Far Cry 6 PlayStation 4 game on Blu-Ray Disc must be kept inserted in a PlayStation 5 console to play the corresponding Far Cry 6 PlayStation 5 digital version at no additional cost, when available. Requires a PlayStation 5, the game Blu-Ray Disc, a PlayStation Network registration, additional storage & Broadband internet connection. May incur bandwidth usage fees.

Literally says this in the page you linked

WTosFWU.jpg

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The upgrade is already confirmed to be free for PS4 owners too. Nearly every game that has an update on one has confirmed it on the other with just one or two exceptions and those haven't even been denied

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Upgrade to PlayStation 5 Version: Far Cry 6 PlayStation 4 game on Blu-Ray Disc must be kept inserted in a PlayStation 5 console to play the corresponding Far Cry 6 PlayStation 5 digital version at no additional cost, when available.

says so below on product description

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We probably don't need these threads for specific games, but in general it might be nice if the PS4 boxes put in a small note that they are also playable on PS5 for consumers imo. Helps with delivering useful information for people less in the know.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: My mistake. I was wrong and VeePs' posts explained why. My apologies scrapple.

Last edited:

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As I'm reading it the OP is more talking about the label making it obvious that it also works on the seriex X as opposed to the box for PlayStation not showing the same thing. Making it hard for people to know this when they are in the store.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
As I'm reading it the OP is more talking about the label making it obvious that it also works on the seriex X as opposed to the box for PlayStation not showing the same thing. Making it hard for people to know this when they are in the store.
Sounded to me like they're asking for some content to be added to the PS4 version to make up for the loss of an upgrade path because they think it doesn't have one.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd rather sony not follow and start slapping badges on every inch of their cases, xbox cases look ridiculous

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Wish people would put in some research before making threads but oh well.

Yup. I can see how someone might make a post based on wrong information. Happens. And others will correct you on that post.

But if you're gonna make a thread, you better make sure you got your facts straight. What a joke, OP.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Upgrade is free on ps. We already knew that from a week ago when the game leaked .
How many of these threads are necessary before we realise publishers are doing it for both ?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
edit: ain't getting into this, frame OP's words however you want to make it look like he said what you think he said

Consumers aren't as dumb as people think they are. You can just type "far cry 6 ps4 copy on ps5" into Google and it'll tell you exactly what you want to know. It's nice that MS is putting it on the box (I could do without the big badge though, the little banner in the top left is fine, no need to repeat information), but it's not going to create some mass consumer confusion. This isn't 1994 where the box is your only/primary source of information on a game. People point to the old case of "some people thought the Wii U was a Wii peripheral", but if consumers cared enough to take 5 seconds to Google "what is the Wii U", it would have cleared that up, it's just that most consumers had so little interest in even finding out what the product was

Last edited:

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes I'm sure "clueless" moms and dads are happy they can look for that smart delivery label. Lol

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
OP knows the upgrade is free they're just saying the PS4 box should have a label on it to make it clear to people who don't follow gaming news like we all do.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yes I'm sure "clueless" moms and dads are happy they can look for that smart delivery label. Lol

.as if 'clueless' parents knew what the hell is smart delivery.........or can differentiate between xbox one x and xbox series x....HEY YO! ;)

OP knows the upgrade is free they're just saying the PS4 box should have a label on it to make it clear to people who don't follow gaming news like we all do.

thing is...if ppl don't follow gaming news, then the words 'smart delivery' wouldnt mean anything to them as well....

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
OP: Far Cry 6 doesn't have a free upgrade on PS
Replies, immediately: it does, it even says so in the link you posted
OP:

OP: Sony should add a sign or something on the box to let people know you can get the PS5 aversion for free

You and 90% of this thread: Didnt bother to read past the title

Status
Not open for further replies.