• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
One of the most messed up stories I've read. From the article it says he didn't have the money to fix the broken windows?! You can always find more money. Lives are lost for good.

Also, this happens way too often. Stop leaving your kids in cars. please.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable that another human being could prioritize a car over a baby's life. He should get a life sentence for this.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
What a pos. Why would he leave his kid in the car all by herself? Why couldn't he bring her with him? Why couldn't he roll down the window?
So unfit to be a father. And the window is worth more than a human life, his own daughter at that? Lock him up and throw away the key. What a monster.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
All parties in this suck. Money or not your daughters life is infinitely more important. And the police should have broken the window, period

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Seems like the Officer said fuck it and smashed the window anyway.

"After several minutes, the officers smashed the window and pulled out the unresponsive girl, who died at the scene, police said."

A few minutes too late :(

Retrocide

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just at a loss for words at the actions of all of these adults, why was he even given the choice? The window should have immediately been broken the moment the next adult came to the scene.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Well now he has a broken window, a dead daughter, and is in jail. I hope it was worth it. Jesus christ.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
The guy is a clear piece of shit but it's ironic the only time there's a life worth saving the cops aren't even trying, completely useless pricks.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think people are missing that the cops broke the window after several minutes.
Even more upsetting is that he had already stopped his brother earlier from breaking her out

When he got there, the brother immediately wrapped his shirt around his hand and offered to punch out the window, authorities said.

But Deal stopped him and claimed he didn't have enough money to fix a broken window, the outlets reported. He instead dispatched his brother to call their mom to have her insurance company send a locksmith.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy clearly didn't give a shit about his daughter. He needs to be in prison.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
fuck that man. Bury him under the jail.

I can't believe the police didn't act faster. Don't know if a few minutes would have saved her but it couldn't have hurt.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are missing that the cops broke the window after several minutes.
Even more damming is that he had already stopped his brother earlier from breaking her out

It's not just that. It seems like he not only stopped the brother from breaking it, but had the girlfriend hang up on calling a tow truck when the cost of that was too high. This is 100% on the father, and there's a legit chance that by the time the police got there it was already too late.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck didn't the cops immediately smash that window??? Come on man, you gotta put saving lives above all else. :(

Put the father in a cell forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Terrible story. Impossible to understand what was going through this guy's mind. I'd destroy every possession I have in a heartbeat if it meant my son's survival.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
"But uh... We didn't wanna get sued!"

Even as a passerby I would have smashed the shit out of that window. Fucking depressing that poor child :(.

Edit: i mean i wouldn't have even let it be an offer lol

See, the thing is they, usually, can't get sued for stuff like that.

This story is heartbreaking all around. Everyone there failed that poor girl.

Even more upsetting is that he had already stopped his brother earlier from breaking her out

Why didn't they break it immediately?

Oct 31, 2017
Shitty story, if the guy didn't have enough money for a smashed window i am sure the other thing he was thinking is of the medical bills that would have come next.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
He should go to jail for life. Couldn't have been my child. Don't care if the windows cost $10,000 each, I would've smashed them without a second thought.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Actually, you know what, this story is so awful, I'm not even sure we need a thread on it. No offense to you OP, but this is just pure misery and there's really no discussion to be had...then you glance at the related stories and it's even worse.

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
What a dumb fucking moron. I wouldn't hesitate to smash the window to save my child. Cop should've acted a lot sooner but this is on the dumbass parent

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah cops still smashed the window, the dad should get locked up, hell i've told my family that if i'm probably ever calling from jail in the summer its probably due to shit like this and me smashing a window open.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
There is a child in danger, break the fucking window. If the dude resists, break his face then break the window. WTAF is this?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Put that fucker under the jail for life.

As a father to a 3 year old, I cannot imagine anyone caring more about their fucking windows than their own child.

I_love_potatoes

Banned
Jul 6, 2020
This is so messed up... no words.

I also read another article stating cops mentioned that rigor mortis had already set in so that means the child was already dead for over an hour or 2 before cops showed up.

Oct 30, 2017
What a horrible situation.

Officer should've just busted the windows. That whole protect and serve nonsense, right?

Kid needed protecting obviously.
Really fucked.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a child in danger, break the fucking window. If the dude resists, break his face then break the window. WTAF is this?
... Uh so you want the story to be changed to "Cops bash black man's face into car to save kid" I mean I'd want to slap some sense into him about being a fucking father and not caring about some shitty windows.
Hell I remember a bad story about this happening in michigan a long while back and the father forgot he had his kid in the backseat.... it was during a hot summer and it was hours later once he realized he forgot to take his kid to school or daycare (forgot which one) I wouldnt want to wish that sight/horror on anybody.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Convergence of a lot of bad shit here, the father is a piece of shit, that he would at all be concerned about the cost of a window to save a life, that he likely didn't trust the police to help do the right thing, that they didn't intervene sooner. This is one of the worst things I've read in ages and wish I didn't, but I clicked on the thread

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter got locked in the car once. My wife always let her play with the keys, so one day she handed my daughter the keys then got out to around and realized all the doors were now locked. My daughter tried unlocking the door, but her hands were slick with sweat. The cops came to our house which was only a couple mins away to get my key, but another cop managed to slim jim their way in before they got back. My wife was fully ready for them to smash the window though.

Status
Not open for further replies.