• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
https://www.shacknews.com/article/110734/fighting-games-already-in-development-for-google-stadia

Some choice quotes from the article:
Google made some serious waves earlier this week with the announcement of their new Stadia gaming platform. The search giant plans to use their leverage as one of the world's internet leaders to offer high-quality game streaming with no compromise. The company is so confident in the platform that project lead Phil Harrison told the press that fighting games are already in development for Google Stadia.

Harrison expects that some users will not be satisfied with the latency. "I fully respect that there is a top of that [esports player] pyramid, who are typically players wearing logo t-shirts in a comfy gamer chair, and they're investing in lowest possible latency mouse pad. Maybe we're not going to reach those players day one. But I think that aspirational pyramid beneath the pinnacle pro players is absolutely for Stadia," he said.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Wakeup super me if old.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm sure some people will be down for it as your average person just hits buttons. I'm good. I can fully see my brother going this route tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.