• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
1655419242563.jpg
I'll believe it when I see it, but if ANY of this holds on release....

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
It's not exactly a subtitle that's so extremely out there that I actually stop to give this random 4chan rumor any consideration.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder to people skeptical of 4chan leaks, someone accurately leaked Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee there, on April Fool's of all days.

Pokemon-Lets-Go-4chan.jpg

Most of the shit is bullshit, but sometimes you just never know.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I haven't played the original game, but know general beats… this sounds… very different and
like this isn't a remake so much as a story that is set in an alternate universe and significantly branches off at the end of this game

is my assumption correct?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Many people were guessing the "Rebirth" name. But some of the unusual ideas here do make it seem plausible.

While on paper, some of the ideas might make fans throw up, I'm generally of the mindset that if they can keep the characters feeling as human and heartfelt as they did in Part 1, then it will still be an effective and emotionally resonant tale, no matter how wild it gets.

That being said, while I expect some deviations from the original game, I still trust the devs when they say the story will hit most of the same beats, as in people, places, events and outcomes.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna need further corroboration than guessing the game title, given that this particular game title wasn't impossible to guess. Just search "remake rebirth reunion" on era to find multiple users making the same guess.
A reminder to people skeptical of 4chan leaks, someone accurately leaked Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee there, on April Fool's of all days.

Pokemon-Lets-Go-4chan.jpg

Most of the shit is bullshit, but sometimes you just never know.
For instance, the above includes several details which were confirmed in the reveal for Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee: remakes based on yellow, new playable character designs, GO integration, new GO accessory, and GO style catching. It was more than just the title, which in the case of FFVIIR was guessed by multiple individuals.

Last edited:

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
I haven't played the original game, but know general beats… this sounds… very different and
like this isn't a remake so much as a story that is set in an alternate universe and significantly branches off at the end of this game
Remake Part 1's ending literally tells you this is what this trilogy is

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
The lack of Cid as a playable character is the giveaway that this is fake.

We already had a spear wielding character in the DLC. It's obviously a prototype for Cid's animations.

The dude just got lucky with the Rebirth title, but that was a relatively common speculated title (not as common as Reunion, but still pretty common).

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a summary written specifically to make lots of people mad

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I mean… they already lost me with the first one and all the changes so at this point I actually hope they go full crazy with it.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I read there, I really wouldn't like it. But fuck I think I need to see it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. So no matter what..... Somebody..... Is 😔

But there's no way square does that...

Right guys? No way.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This "leak" also doesn't mention Cait Sith, at all. Seems like a bit of an omission to not note what role Cait Sith might play, when Part 1 already had the character make a cameo.

Feb 16, 2022
I mean we have people guessing at the Rebirth name literally minutes after the ending of Remake was known. It's not exactly something that would make a leak more credible than any other.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
It's honestly bizarre and nonsensical enough to be plausible and if it isn't, well done on the fan fic I guess

tifatear.png

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
The fact that we had Sonon who used a spear and was them testing team attacks alreday proves that Cid not being playable is bullshit

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The bit about Jessie is the best idea of the bunch. Her appearing at the Gold Saucer (in a Power Rangers show!) would be amazing, especially if it's somehow in the party's timeline.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
If this is legit..Just…wow..I'm not even mad just laughing.

And to think I had held out foolish hopes that they'd at least try to..kinda stick to the main plot points in part 2….lulz.

Ah well at least the original still exists.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I mean, if we're gonna get nuts, I'd hope they lean all the way into it.

That said, Rebirth isn't exactly a difficult subtitle to guess.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Rebirth was not an uncommon guess for the game's title, everyone knew it'd be RE-something

Cid being unplayable is the biggest red flag, I'm pretty sure the whole reason they gave Sonon a staff in Intermission was so they could reuse his animations for Cid's gameplay

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Always believe every single 4chan leak

this mindset has never steered me wrong

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy, this honestly lines up with some of the theories I had. It would explain why there was footage of Cloud/Sephiroth together.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
This is way too insane to be real right? lmao
Despite what people will say about Nomura's writing, I'm gonna say yeah, it's a bit too insane. The "Warrior of Light" stuff is a step too far. The Genesis stuff is a little more plausible but feels like its put in there just to piss of people who don't like Genesis.

And, like I mentioned earlier, the lack of Cid pretty much 100 percent confirms it to be false.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Rebirth was not an uncommon guess for the game's title, everyone knew it'd be RE-something

Cid being unplayable is the biggest red flag, I'm pretty sure the whole reason they gave Sonon a staff in Intermission was so they could reuse his animations for Cid's gameplay

The mocap picture someone posted seems to suggest Cid is in it too. Cloud, Barret and Cid's mocap actors posing for a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.