• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Welcome to 2020, folks.

So on MSNBC's All In, Chris Hayes did a segment on Tara Reade's allegation against Joe Biden.

This isn't the full segment, but it's the only video I can find right now. So Chris does a segment on the allegations that covers the story as it's developed. Covers mostly everything (although he left out Tara's mom calling Larry King about it) and even had on Rebecca Traister who argued that Biden should address these allegations himself, instead of letting the women vying for his VP spot holding the bag.
www.mediaite.com

Rebecca Traister Calls Out Biden 'Vacuum' on Assault Charges

'New York' magazine writer Rebecca Traister calls out the 'Vacuum' created by presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden
(For more context, check out her article The Biden Trap, where she elaborates on this)
www.thecut.com

The Biden Trap

As the candidate faces credible assault allegations, his progressive female colleagues are being offered a poisoned chalice.
So this segment airs and people decided to finally let that media hack Chris Hayes have it.

So I'll be honest. I don't really know Chris Hayes very well. I occasionally see him pop up on my Twitter feed, but I don't actively search for him. So it's possible someone is about to explain to me how Chris Hayes is actually a secret Trump supporter and terrible reporter with various poorly researched segments. The thing is, if he does no one seemed to bring them up.

So what say you, ERA? Is Chris Hayes a Bernie Bro Trump hack slandering sweet, innocent Uncle Joe? Yes or very yes?

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to be in a party with these inhuman jackals. Every politician that enabled this is dead to me.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Those tweets show us a slice of the truth. A large portion of Biden supporters probably don't care or believe the allegations. Much like the right don't care or believe Trump's allegations.

Deckerd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How quickly people went from believing victims to making excuses when it doesn't suit their politics. What a lack of integrity. It's embarrassing.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
He's on a news program, covering this story should be part of his job.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
these people... i know everyone's goal is defeating trump, but there is a better more humane and empathetic way of getting there

guess it shows how team-based morality gets to be at times. stand-up and believe women, but only sometimes?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Gonna slightly hijack the thread: There's alot of bot action on both sides of the issue. There's a bunch of (insert a thousand pro bernie/extreme anti trump accounts), etc who have no personality and existence outside retweeting Chapo anx basically re-amping Trump's latest fuckups whenever I see hashtags trending to investigate her allegations.

And for these you see a bunch of ride or die Biden fans who I KNOW don't exist, lol.

All this to say: Twitter is such a dumpster fire.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Without commenting on the actual subject, I find Chris Hayes to be an articulate and informed reporter who is pretty charming and good at his job. I put him in the same category as Jake Tapper.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Gonna slightly hijack the thread: There's alot of bot action on both sides of the issue. There's a bunch of (insert a thousand pro bernie/extreme anti trump accounts), etc who have no personality and existence outside retweeting Chapo anx basically re-amping Trump's latest fuckups whenever I see hashtags trending to investigate her allegations.

And for these you see a bunch of ride or die Biden fans who I KNOW don't exist, lol.

doubting their existence is going to lead to a rude awakening.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I know some people on here are getting tired of the allegations being brought up in every Biden thread but try and understand for a moment. Victims often have to deal with those types of Twitter responses to sexual assault claims ( even irl) .

Can you imagine how exhausting and crushing that can be? Seeing people so venomously try and hand wave assault allegations? I understand we have dedicated threads but can you really blame some people here for so vehemently fighting to ensure Biden isn't given a pass on this?

I say this as I've noticed increasing pushback from people thinking many are posting about these allegations in bad faith/trying to bully/ trying to play the mods. It's a terrible in fight to engage in. For every person doing those aforementioned things, there are a dozen posting with no malicious intent.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Fuck Twitter trends. In the end, it's just hot air and noise generally amounting to nothing.

I loved how Chris Hayes called out Faux News yesterday for spreading misinformation whilst being utter hypocrites and I very much appreciate him covering the allegations right now. I fucking despise each and every individual the upper echelons of Trump admin without exception and yet all the same it is not a reason for journalists to not look into the rape allegations against a presidential candidate/political official.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Hes allowed to cover this story. Wanting to bury it because its politically inconvenient for the democratic party right now is some Fox news propaganda circus shit.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

Make your own thread then

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Boy that metoo goes right out the window when it's not their wanted outcome huh?
I'm actually surprised msnbc covered that and I am actually impressed for once.

Oct 25, 2017
In their obsessive drive to remove Trump, a certain segment of the party will alienate all the people they need to vote for their guy. Great, amazing, sure-to-win strategy there!

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020

"everyone is a bot except me"

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
The media is doing the Democratic party no favors by suppressing this. Just delaying it until its more and more impactful and irreversible.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The media is doing the Democratic party no favors by suppressing this. Just delaying it until its more and more impactful and irreversible.

This is my feeling. Just trying to sweep this under the rug time and again is going to just make this really bad once Trump and Biden go head to head. You people on Trump's side don't give two shits about being hypocritical about sexual harassment when it comes to attacking the other side. Should really try and rip this band aid off now but it feels like people are just repeating the same dumb strategies from decades past.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those tweets show us a slice of the truth. A large portion of Biden supporters probably don't care or believe the allegations. Much like the right don't care or believe Trump's allegations.
Twitter is never representative of anything politically relevant. Everyone is aware of the allegations and most democrats period have already decided its not a good look but arent willing to give Trump four more years.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

There are also plenty of people out there who are legit ride or die Biden fans who would absolutely downplay the allegations against him.

Edit: one of those accounts in the OP has 50k followers, was made in 08, and is followed by Obama. These people are almost certainly real.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Reading those replies, THEY GETTING ON MY BOY ARI MELBER TOO? one of the most consistent honest fair non-dramatic folks on TV?

FUCK THEM PIECES OF SHIT! Reading those Twitter replies...Most of these people on both sides (Trump Cult and apparantly Biden cult now) are lost... we're never getting them back. Misinformation on the internet+ stubborn pride, won't get defeated anytime soon.

Only way for the nation to recover from misinformation, is to have a nationwide broadcast on all channels.....with a detailed presentation of what's been happening regarding misinformation. Netlix and Amazon broadcasting it as well. Scare the people into taking this serious.

and that seems unrealistic. So just hold on tight for the ride... it's gonna be a crazy one till November, and months after.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good on him for doing his job and covering this story.

I mean, I should not even have to say this but here we are.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The important thing is that he covered it. I don't really think reacting to trending hashtags is wise considering how exploitable it is by bad faith actors.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
Now imagine Trump's FBI pulling a Comey and announcing they are launching an investigation into these claims days before the election. What a shitty situation the Dems have found themselves in.

Good on Hayes for covering it, and people are morons for attacking him for it.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
With all the victim smearing, rape apologia, and outrage at a member of the press for merely covering a story, you'd think they were Trump supporters.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I will remove myself from the thread then, rage on against twitter gents, rage on. That's where the real work is.
you're dismissing people as bots because they are saying stuff you don't like.

They (those people) are probably dismissing Tara Reade supporters as bots

Meanwhile all real people involved.

Russia successfully sowed so much distrust in this country it's scary.
Twitter is never representative of anything politically relevant. Everyone is aware of the allegations and most democrats period have already decided its not a good look but arent willing to give Trump four more years.
how do you know "most Democrats" don't think it's a good look. That sounds entirely too trusting of the voting population that are usually selfish people only looking out for themselves.
Believe what you want but I feel like people here put waaaay too much faith in people outside of here. We already know how people are we just have to come to terms with it. So in regards to this topic, Im not surprised at those tweets. You could have seen them coming from a mile away.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't even one sided. He brought up some of the details that people have a problem with at the beginning of the segment. Some people just don't want it discussed at all.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
You have to be fucking kidding me lol. Her emails were covered far more often than pretty much any other political scandal since 2016.
The point is that they came up much earlier and weren't addressed aggressively or understood to be a major problem by the Democratic party and its base until it was too late.

The emails were bubbling since the Guccifer thing in early 2013 and became a major NYT story in early 2015, but the Dems pushed ahead with their coronation and didn't seem to understand how the right would exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.