• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
people.com

Passenger Aboard First Cruise Ship to Return to Sailing in Caribbean Tests Positive for COVID-19

Passengers and non-essential crew are now isolating in their cabins as the ship heads back toward its departure point in Barbados

The first cruise ship to set sail in the Caribbean since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic has reported that a passenger on board has tested positive for the virus, according to The Points Guy.

A reporter for the travel site, Gene Sloan, is aboard the SeaDream 1 and was meant to be documenting the new safety measures on the small vessel, which departed from Barbados on Saturday and is carrying 53 passengers and 66 crew.

Sloan reported that the boat's captain, Torbjorn Lund, made an announcement over the intercom midday on Wednesday explaining that a passenger had tested positive "on a preliminary basis." It's currently unclear what he means by "preliminary."

Sea Dream Yacht Club, which owns the ship, did not immediately reply to PEOPLE's request for clarification.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I get the urge people have to return to the old way of life, but COVID is here, and we don't have a solution yet. I want to go out and do stuff, I want to go to a restaurant. I want to go to a game, to take my son to the playground or the zoo or the park. But we have to have restraint so we can get through this thing without prolonging it.

I am here in FL and people can pretty much do w/e the fuck they want. Personal freedom tramples on our individual rights. This sucks but the solution is not to pretend it is not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.