• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
there's several shots in this that the leaked script describe exactly (not that many doubted it was legit)

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Does the trailer confirm the ultra shitty leaks by ViewerAnon?

Because that one was the best Fuck You to JK

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
If there's another movie, they should just keep the crazy train going and recast Grindelwald for each one.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This movie is going to flop very hard. The ironic thing is at some point Evangelical Christians are gonna take up boosting Harry Potter because they will perceive JK as an ally. It will be like the whole witchcraft scare when the books came out never happened.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Didn't know Jessica Williams was in this one. Can't wait. Still hope David Yates wasn't directing though. That dude's been there for years.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the rightful dislike of Rowling (horrible person), the second film was one of the worst I have seen in some time so I can't say it will be hard for me to boycott this.

Note: I am not a Harry Pottr fan, but even my wife (who is) found it to be boring nonsense.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last one was trash. Fuck JK Rowling.

The first one was okay but yeah they shit the bed with that sequel and the leaked plot does not make this sound any better. Worse even.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first film was charming and pretty good, the second was unredeemable hot fucking garbage. I'll wait for reviews.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't like the first one, felt too long and boring.

Is the second one any good?
hahaha-no.gif

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Amen. I fucking loved HP. Hate how much JK has poisoned it.
Yeah, as easy as it is for some people to pull the smug "well I never liked Harry Potter" card now, the series was legitimately one of the best children's to young adult series of all time. Growing up with both the series and character was a huge part of my childhood and one of the primary reasons I started reading.

What JK Rowling has done legitimately hurts.

But also these movies sucked anyway, everything to come out of both Harry Potter and JK Rowling post-Harry Potter has been awful. Woman revealed herself as a bigot AND somehow lost literally all her talent. Wild stuff.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could understand a word Eddie Redmayne says in any of these films.

Fuck JK Rowling too.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like the first one, felt too long and boring.

Is the second one any good?

While long and boring, the first one is at least reasonably plotted and follows its own internal consistency.

The second one feels like it was written, shot, and edited in a weekend. It's completely inexplicable.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it confirms the leaks.

Look, if they really want to make us all care about HP again, I want a full length movie about what the wizards were doing on the Titanic. It was by far the most hilarious thing about the last movie, and it deserves longer than the flashback we got.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely loathed the 2nd film even before learning about Rowling's TERF-ness. Zero interest in this one. LOL at the SMT terminal in the clip tho - this film absolutely belongs in the 5th Kalpa.

Oct 26, 2017
Albus Dumbeldore and the Ambiguous Gay Moment

It's such a shame JK Rowling failed to evolve her universe in a meaningful way and decided to be an awful TERF

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
This movie is going to flop very hard. The ironic thing is at some point Evangelical Christians are gonna take up boosting Harry Potter because they will perceive JK as an ally. It will be like the whole witchcraft scare when the books came out never happened.

This is going to be wild to see if it indeed comes to pass. Had some very preachy chaperones during summer church camps talk about how satanic Harry Potter is.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Don't forget, JK Rowling is trash and you should not support this.
I'm curious, perhaps a mod could explain?

Why do we have a total ban on discussion of the new HP game (which I agree with, btw fuck JKR) but discussion of the films which very much also fatten her purse is allowed?

Like, what's the difference?

On topic: The FB films are a boring slog you should avoid.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The first film was entertaining in my opinion.

The second film was not.

Some great scenes, but overall mixed & unfocused because trying to do many things in one film. 🙄🤷‍♂️

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Why do we have a total ban on discussion of the new HP game (which I agree with, btw fuck JKR) but discussion of the films which very much also fatten her purse is allowed?

I'm also curious about this.

There is very little reason to have any threads about anything related to HP until WB is able to excise JK from the license, but they won't. so...

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017

This. What's the score here? Fuck JKR and this whole franchise.

deflektor

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the full trailer. While the second film was not great to say the least I remain hopeful for a better result.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how badly they messed up the Fantastic Beasts series. You'd think anything in the Harry Potter movie-verse would be well-received, but these movies suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.