• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I know a lot of you are going to hate me for what I about to write, but I feel like somebody has to be brave and say it out aloud:

Microsoft needs to bring back SCALEBOUND for XSX.

Yes thats right I said it. If they can support Halo Infinite for 5 years to end up looking like that, they may just as well take back Platinum and get them to finish the game. God knows they need everything they can get right now.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
tumblr_ngv5wrTBu61u1k1oyo9_r1_400.gif

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I do not know what the obsession is with this game, it always looked lame to me. If they launched ReCore with all it's issues then you know for certain Scalebound had to be in a seriously bad state for them to pull the plug.

The Wonderful 101 is somehow Platinum's most expensive released game but ultimately one of their most divisive. Maybe Kamiya needs to scale back his projects.

Oct 25, 2017
Halo doesn't look good but it's going to be a Halo game, which a lot of people like. Scalebound was probably just bad. Let it go.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
They should bring it back to life and then cancel it again, just to show who is in charge.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Scalebound perfectly summarizes the console wars.

When it existed everyone was "concerned" and said it looked like absolute shit. As soon as it got cancelled it somehow became this underappreciated gem that Microsoft unjustly cut down in its prime.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think hardware was the issue with Scalebound. Moreso that Platinum Games bit off more than they can chew and the game never really came together outside of split off demos. That happens all the time. Halo Infinite at least has a discernible game structure.

When it existed everyone was "concerned" and said it looked like absolute shit. As soon as it got cancelled it somehow became this underappreciated gem that Microsoft unjustly cut down in its prime.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

you sure about that "everyone"?
I personally thought it looked pretty meh and I wasn't too upset about its cancelation but I remember a lot of people being excited for it and also confident that they'll iron out the janky framerate

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

I don't get the sense of loss some people have over cancelled games.

Every once in a while there's one cancelled due to dissapointing circumstances, like the LucasArts casualties of the Disney buyout, but most cancelled games are either due to ballooning budgets or because they're not shaping up how they should. Yeah, it sucks if you were excited for one, but at the same time odds are it wasn't going to be that great and we're no worse off not having it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If they can support Halo Infinite for 5 years to end up looking like that, they may just as well take back Platinum and get them to finish the game. God knows they need everything they can get right now.

This thread reads like a reaction to Halo Infinite rather than anything to do with Scalebound.

Also, Scalebound is dead and is never coming back. Stop flogging the dead... dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.