• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So first, the bad news:

(Rushy knows about this all too well)

But a little further down that thread, some good news from the end of life details:

For any Xbox Game Pass players who previously purchased DLC for the game, but not the game itself, we have good news! You will receive a token for the game through the Xbox Message Center so that you can continue playing Forza Motorsport 7. Token distribution will be through August 2. However, if after that date you have not received your token, please contact Xbox Support here. (Unused tokens will expire on September 15, 2023.)

In addition, features like multiplayer and online services will still be accessible for those who own the game.

Because they use the word "purchased," I'm assuming this won't be credited to those who picked up the huge backlog of free DLC, and it's unclear if the purchase date would need to overlap with the Game Pass membership.

Last edited:

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Cool gesture that Game Pass players who bought DLC get the game for free to keep playing.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a message on the Xbox about this. I have a physical copy of this and only used the gamepass version so I didn't have to put the disc in so glad they've given my a digital copy now! That's great

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good way to handle it especially since this will be the case with all forza and forza horizon games. it's an inevitable issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.