• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is a what if situation.

I was just thinking this. Botw is my favorite game in recent memory, personal best game of that year, and also overall game of the year in game awards and other outlets. That might happen again next year, assuming it is just as good or better.

Point is, if that happens, I find interesting that a portable 30fps game, might beat all these machines pushing ray tracing, 60/120 fps, etc.

Goes to show gameplay and fun is king.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will never play BOTW at 30fps again after playing it on CEMU. Will wait for BOTW2 to receive similar mods on Switch emulators before playing it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
botw2 is prolly gonna be great but it's still hampered by running like ass at a lower resolution than it should

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be 10 fps, that doesn't mean I don't want it to be 60 fps

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume GOW 2 will be 60fps on PS5 due to cross-gen.

Botw 2 I doubt will be solid 30 especially at launch but emulators should run it at 60 around the same time at least.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I mean, frame-rate is a thing that is entirely independent from the quality of the game.

playing Dark Souls 3 at 30 fps doesn't make it any less of a fantastic game, but would I prefer to play it at 60? fuckin absolutely.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring is 60fps though :^ )

And BOTW2 will be 60 fps as well on emulators.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
We don't have a clue what the quality of 2022 games will be yet.
I agree that quality is completely uncorrelated with framerate, but like, we know literally nothing but teasers about botw 2.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring will be 60 on PC and next gen probably too.

I will never play BOTW at 30fps again after playing it on CEMU. Will wait for BOTW2 to receive similar mods on Switch emulators before playing it.
With the way things are going it's gonna be possible much faster then on CEMU too.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
2014 - Dragon Age: Inquisition
2015 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2016 - Overwatch
2017 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2018 - God of War
2019 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
2020- The Last of Us 2

All these games are 30FPS on base consoles except Overwatch.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild gave me such bad motion sickness and migraines that I dropped it for over a year before trying to return.
And even then, I couldn't get past that part of the game without taking breaks every 5–10 minutes.

Performance matters more than anything else.
Gameplay is meaningless if I literally cannot play the game.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Speaking like 60 fps doesn´t affect gameplay and fun factor is tight!

Any 30 fps game will be a better experience at 60 fps.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Botw 2 will be great. Or it won't. FPS wont have anything to do with it. Or any other games FPS's. What a weird thread

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Weird premise.

A lot o previous GOTY worthy games have been limited to 30 FPS.

Gameplay matters most.... isn't really in dispute?

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Breath of the Wild gave me such bad motion sickness and migraines that I dropped it for over a year before trying to return.
And even then, I couldn't get past that part of the game without taking breaks every 5–10 minutes.

Performance matters more than anything else.
Gameplay is meaningless if I literally cannot play the game.
I had 0 problems, one of the best games ive ever played

But then again, ive been a console peasant forever

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

I was just thinking this. Botw is my favorite game in recent memory, personal best game of that year, and also overall game of the year in game awards and other outlets. That might happen again next year, assuming it is just as good or better.

Point is, if that happens, I find interesting that a portable 30fps game, might beat all these machines pushing ray tracing, 60/120 fps, etc.

?

It goes to show....games.....are king. Always has been, always will be.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Well, it might be.
But the game would still be much, much better if it was a 60 fps (or higher) game.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
BOTW was my least favorite 3d Zelda game ever. So no I kinda doubt it will be the best game next year, especially considering subjective opinions and all that.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Do you remember how all consoles get better graphics and performance in their sequels thanks to how the studios improve? Like for example, The Last of Us looks a lot better than Uncharted 1.

Magically that doesn't apply to BOTW because of reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Not sure why the FPS of a game matters on how good it is, that shit has never made sense to me. If BoTW 2 deserves GoTY then so be it, it won't be mine just based on hating the original but the FPS had nothing to do with it.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Imagine a 30fps being good, great even. Inconceivable. I thought a true gamer would have joined the boycott of disgusting 30fps games by now, for shame

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

Even more so at 60 FPS.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, how aren't you guys getting what the OP is saying? Only BOTW and BOTW2, 30 fps games, are able to rise above the other games with 60 frames per peasants.

Status
Not open for further replies.