• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your choice?

• PS5

Votes: 223 31.5%
  • XSX

Votes: 25 3.5%
  • PC

Votes: 423 59.7%
  • None

Votes: 37 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Between delays, MS releasing games on PC Day 1 and lack of system seller (so far) from Sony and with new GPU launches this year (probably before consoles) PC is definitely place to be this Holiday season. At least for me.
Most multi-platform titles will end up on PC even those with exclusivity deals, RayTracing will be in second generation on PC and with tech like DLSS 2.0 (that i hope will gain way more traction) both visuals and performance should be above console ones too.

What rest of the Era thinks?

Oct 25, 2017
My PS Plus ended this January and I decided to never pay the stupid scam online fees again. So I'm all PC for the next gen.

I use an Nvidia Shield TV to put any controller-friendly games on the TV so I get to play the best of both worlds: competitive shooters and strategy games on the desk with a mouse and keyboard and the cinematic action-adventure single player games on the TV.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Outside the spider man DLC i don't see anything worth dropping 500 bucks so i have to agree.

Atleast until Horizon 2

logash

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 but I see no reason to get a next gen console if you have a strong PC. I'm a console gamer and my eco system is PlayStation so even if Spider-Man got delayed I would have got the PS5. I feel like there are plenty of Xbox fans that feel the same so I think you can't go wrong with any as long as it plays great games.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Greatness Awaits.

Wait no you can't have that one.

Power to the Players.

Shit no not that one either.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
PC is always the place to be for me, so that.

That said this is a significantly better launch for both of these consoles than PS4/Xbone, so I still think people should be excited. Thousands of backwards compatible games will always be better than 1 or 2 probably mediocre launch exclusives, imo. And all those "old" good games are going to be even better!

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep Im with you. I bought a RX5700 earlier this year and I will upgrade my CPU before the next gen consoles launch with the money I saved up for next gen.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Building a PC for the first time ever this year.

I've been incredibly happy with PS4 and Xbox One, but I was always sour about the mid-gen refresh. I'm planning on sticking with PC, and then getting whatever the first refresh is. Let the first party library fill out a bit and drop in price before I jump in.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
tvFxujd.gif

Planning on getting that 3080ti/3090 - whichever one is the most powerful.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Switch is still the place to be. More games than I'll ever have the time to play.

I'm tempted to build a PC from time to time, but I just think about how many Switch games that would buy.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Sony will have a Spider-Man game for launch and we think that they lack a system seller?

The PC is always a great place to be anytime.

But why not both?

RTX 3xxx GPU in a month and PlayStation 5 in November. That's my plan.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if the PC will feel old this holiday with the SSD technology powering the new consoles.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Did you know that you're allowed to have more than one gaming device in your home?

Yes and (I own PC, PS4 and X1S)? I am not spending 400-500$ on console to play few exclusives when i can get GPU for that money that will serve me well and i will be able to play much more games for less money.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Depends on what the PS5 launch lineup is. If Demon's Souls is a launch game, I have to go with PS5. Or if they have a variety of games like Returnal, Ratchet, Sack Boy, etc.

The Astro Bot pack-in would still make me happy regardless. : p

Make this thread again once we know what's available at launch, I'd say.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely snagging a few new parts for my desktop instead of grabbing either console. But there should be plenty to enjoy between both major launches. You still have four generations of games available on Series X, and I'm pretty sure the X is supposed to have tech that adds HDR and such without the studios having to patch. PS5 still plays PS4 games, and multiplats will look good on either console. Not a whole lot to complain about really, especially since the heavy hitters don't usually arrive for a couple of years anyway.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is still the place to be. More games than I'll ever have the time to play.

I'm tempted to build a PC from time to time, but I just think about how many Switch games that would buy.
But man you miss out on some bangers if you just own a switch. As much as I love Nintendo first party, I also love me some high end AAA RPGs.

I feel like you won't regret getting a PC or one of the other two consoles as a companion to your switch.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Definitely looking that way for sure.

I'm still wanting a PS5 early so I can play enhanced PS4 games (and Miles), but I'm not sure if I want one at launch yet or to wait a few months.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
There's 3 things that need to happen for me to dump consoles for good, I've been a mostly pc gamer for years and a mostly console gamer for years but i do prefer consoles overall.

1. Epics bullshit needs to stop
2. PlayStation games need to start coming with regularity (even if it's a long wait at least knowing they're coming)
2. Ubisoft needs to return to steam

That's my "demands" from most important to least. I love pc gaming but there's enough personal cons that i have no issue leaving as my main place.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Cavill was right!

I'm still undecided to be honest but right now MS Flight Simulator is my most wanted game and thankfully being in the Xbox ecosystem leaves my options open. It's either Series X all the way or PC and Series S (if the price is right)

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have a rough launch list for PS5?
I'm getting one at launch.. However...

PC is where it's at.. Cyberpunk, ACV, WDL and Dirt 5 will all be PC purchases.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Yup same.

After today, just realizing Ratchet has a chance of not being a launch day game(haven't followed it lately)...I loss a lot of interest in buying the PS5 at launch outside of being left without one when Horizon 2 comes out...As playing as Miles isn't enough of a reason to get the system at launch for me. No doubt I would get a PS5 at some point at/prior to Horizon 2 releasing

So a new pc gaming build, water cooled (probably AIO) with a new RTX 3070/3080 is good with me.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Yep, I'm still underwhelmed with the PS4's library, so no intentions on picking up a PS5 at launch. I'm just gonna build a whole new PC instead.
I still think Xbox has a chance if they announce you can side-load Windows or something.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing interesting is coming out for me to buy full price, I'll just get by with what I have currently.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I'll wait a bit before getting a next gen console, nothing really hypes me from either consoles launch. So yeah, i'll keep playing on PC and ill wait for The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kisekito hit the PS4.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
one console has a big dlc for launch the other has extensive bc

neither one at launch is good value imo so pc is where i'll stay

Status
Not open for further replies.