• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I am already seeing People on other Websites getting ready to make these Games face off and It really should not Happen.

Forza is a Open World Arcade/Realistic Hybrid while Grand Turismo will be a Realistic Closed Course Sim.

They are going to Have massively different Gameplay Loops and Feel we really don't need to Pit them Head to Head.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I think it'll be more Forza 8 (or whatever it'll be called) vs. GT7, depending on when the next sim Forza actually releases.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Yeah, it would make more sense to compare the new GT with the next Forza Motorsport. Forza Horizon is a very different game than GT.

Jul 2, 2021
I am already seeing People on other Websites getting ready to make these Games face off and It really should not Happen.

Forza is a Open World Arcade/Realistic Hybrid while Grand Turismo will be a Realistic Closed Course Sim.

They are going to Have massively different Gameplay Loops and Feel we really don't need to Pit them Head to Head.
Too late. You made a thread about it.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I can already see posts about
Forza is more "fun"
GT is more "actual racing" posts
Can't wait

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure people like me or much smarter will remind those having that dumb argument one is an open world game the other isn't.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
FM8 is going to be next gen only right? That is going to be a way better comparison anyway.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
This is not a racing enthusiast forum.
It's ok to make stupid comparisons in here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the time when the developers of Forza themselves were shittalking GT and Polyphony.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Given that both GT7 and FM8 are launching next year, that should be the more apt comparison.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Everyone please don't compare & contrast two racing games on a gaming enthusiast forum.

Please. I beg of thee.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
They are complementary games for me, so I'll see the discussion as very pointless.

The next Forza Motorsport VS Gran Turismo 7 discussion I can understand, as they aim to be similar games.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I think the comparisons youre gonna see if for graphics really.
It that's the point. Graphics can't be matched since 1 has to work on the open world and the other can push more polys into the cars. The only fair comparison even graphically will be between GT7 and the next for a motorsport.
John from DF already said on Twitter he won't be comparing them for that reason. It's apples and oranges.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah totally, but at that same time you've created a thread for us to get right into it!

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The new forza Motorsport has already been announced so as we get closer to that game launching that's where the comparisons will be going

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
almost forgot to pencil this into my calendar, thanks for the reminder. i'll have to make room between complaining about bad graphics first though

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Shouldn't be a thing, most sim racing enthusiasts won't be on gaming forums to begin with🤷🏻‍♂️. I remember when a reviewer compared GT5 to MK7

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Even Era has its fair share of users who are so emotionally attached to their platform of choice that they view exclusives going multiplatform as a bad thing, and this need for validation will absolutely spill over into which directly-comparable game "wins" over the other.

Edit: D'oh, I misread the thread title and thought this was about FM versus GT7. Nevertheless, the general point holds true: some people will create religious debates wherever possible because they desire affirmation that they're on the "right team".

Last edited:

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This his hilarious. I've played pretty much all major racing games ever released and this is really funny to me. Just let people compare GT7 and FH5 if they want, who cares LMAO.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
True patricians know that the racing genre won't be restored to glory until we get a Beetle Adventure Racing 2.

Snagglepop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
forza horizon looks significantly better than gt7 from what we have seen

has to be expected with forza running on more powerful machinery

theres no comparison

but im sure some idiot will bring up head lamp bulb width is more real in the gran turismo

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

theres no comparison

but im sure some idiot will bring up head lamp bulb width is more real in the gran turismo
And it's already starting... -_______-

Niks

Oct 25, 2017

theres no comparison

Here.we.go.

On topic:

Both are looking like great games, targeting VERY DIFFERENT THINGS.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It that's the point. Graphics can't be matched since 1 has to work on the open world and the other can push more polys into the cars. The only fair comparison even graphically will be between GT7 and the next for a motorsport.
John from DF already said on Twitter he won't be comparing them for that reason. It's apples and oranges.

This is certainly interesting.

If there is no open world Gran Turismo....does it even matter?

theres no comparison

Again, not trying to get into the details of all this....but just based on the replies in this thread....that doesnt seem to be the consensus?

And it's already starting...
Exactly, lol.

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
Yep. They are two completely different games but it's gonna happen.

Oh well maybe Sony might do there own open world racer one day and then we can have a more balanced discussion between regular Forza and GT and FH and something similar

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
So long as it results in pretty gifs and screenshots please let the stupidity continue.

You younglings were not alive for the glory of the MSR vs GT days. So much venom it was hilarious.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing the 2 games is natural and healthy when done with maturity.

Of we course we know that won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.