• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really have to question how Fox's last poll had Bernie at 10%. Seems like a course-correction in this poll rather than a wild jump when considering the averages.

Slow Biden bleed is typical.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nate Silver boutta pop in like Kool-Aid Man to tell us to disregard Bernie doing well this obvious outlier.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Warren is specifically targeting early-voting states right now, as are quite a few others so nationally the numbers are going to be squiffy. This may have an A ranking but isn't a sign of anything this far out.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
It was pretty horrendous when America chose Clinton over sanders last time, it's about to be downright insane when they choose Biden over both sanders AND warren this time.

The options keep getting better and the yet the choices get worse.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
hope people aren't shocked if biden gets the nom

i dont put anything past anybody after 2016

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Biden -2 is stable while Warren -4 is PLUMMETING.

ThinkingFaceEmoji.
One's within margin of error, one is outside of it. All the same, the second place polls have been all over the place. Warren's somewhere between 15-20 on average now and Bernie's always (outside of a short pre-Biden surge) been 15-18% so who knows who's in second place. All that's known is that Biden's been on average between 28-32% the entire primary.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no, but if you want to compare it to the primaries, this is much more similar to the republican primaries.

the dem primaries were more or less a coronation as Bernie never stood a chance against Hillary.
"Polls dont matter" followed by "Bernie loses the nomination in the exact matter predicted by polls following him tanking in SC" was a thing though.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hope people aren't shocked if biden gets the nom
Why would anyone be shocked? He has been the far and away front runner since day 1.

We're not only going to end up with him, we're going to lose horribly when he's the candidate. It sucks.
Nah. thats the one bright side of the mess that is biden. He destroys trump in polls and is so far ahead it isn't even close. Biden is extremely popular with the demographics that actually vote.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering about the Warren "plummets" thing, it almost certainly is not at all true, just as it wasn't true when the MSM reported the same thing about Sanders.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People need to be prepared for the likely outcome that Biden will be the nominee.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
One's within margin of error, one is outside of it. All the same, the second place polls have been all over the place. Warren's somewhere between 15-20 on average now and Bernie's always (outside of a short pre-Biden surge) been 15-18% so who knows who's in second place. All that's known is that Biden's been on average between 28-32% the entir

If we really want to think this small, Warren was 20 before, the MOE put her 17-23 before, and puts her 13-19 now. The overlap is 17-19. What's her RCP poll average? 18.3. Pretty much not change here.

Of course if you really want to know who's "surging" and "plummeting," don't look at one poll. The RCP average will quickly show there's really only one person who has surged/plummeted this whole race after entry: Harris.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If we really want to think this small, Warren was 20 before, the MOE put her 17-23 before, and puts her 13-19 now. The overlap is 17-19. What's her RCP poll average? 18.3. Pretty much not change here.

Of course if you really want to know who's "surging" and "plummeting," don't look at one poll. The RCP average will quickly show there's really only one person who has surged/plummeted this whole race after entry: Harris.
I was referring to the RCP average with my numbers. Warren has been trickling upwards, Bidens been steady within MOE mostly and Bernie's been flat.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You repeat this so often despite being challenged on it every time that it's pretty clear you just want it to happen that way. If it can't work out the way you want everyone should be punished.

I mean, yes, I don't want dumbass, racist-ass, out-of-touch Joe Biden to be president. That part is true. But I absolutely do not want four more years of Trump.

If that moron is the nominee I'm just going to close my eyes and do my best to ignore politics until January 2021. I can't fight for him.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
PLUMMETS, op?
o4SGICJ.png

This poll, vs. previous month's results, has: Biden -2%, Warren -4% (following a +8% the previous month), Sanders +8% (following a -5% the previous month). The question (posed to respondents who were likely Democratic primary voters) has a margin of error of 4.5%.

None of these results are earth shattering or entirely surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.