• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Joss Whedon is a piece of shit and Gal Godot is unrepentant supporter of the IDF but like damn Joss, you stupid motherfucker
Doesn't really matter who he's talking to, because it was like this for a number of people on set apparently. It's just an example of a larger problem it seems.

Pretty gross and shows a lot of incompetence on WB's part to not even openly acknowledge or apologize to anyone involved, going so far as to discredit them.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
article
www.ign.com

Joss Whedon Reportedly Threatened Gal Gadot's Career, Refused Criticism of His Justice League Script - IGN

New allegations of Joss Whedon's misconduct during the making of Justice League have emerged, from both Cyborg actor Ray Fisher and anonymous sources.
THR's sources claim that Whedon clashed with every star in the film, with Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) apparently taking her complaints to multiple Warner Bros. execs due to her negative feelings about the rewrites. Whedon reportedly threatened to harm her career, and made Gadot record lines she disapproved of. "Joss was bragging that he's had it out with Gal," said an anonymous source. "He told her he's the writer and she's going to shut up and say the lines and he can make her look incredibly stupid in this movie."

Edit: Actually the THR article is the source of IGN's article, and SUPER worth reading. I'm only partway through and it's been real illuminating.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Ray Fisher Opens Up About ‘Justice League,’ Joss Whedon and Warners: “I Don’t Believe Some of These People Are Fit for Leadership”

Over the past year, the actor has assailed the filmmaker and studio in harsh-but-cryptic tweets for what he says was racist and inappropriate conduct: "I'm not so indebted to Hollywood that I haven't been willing to put myself out there."

Last edited:

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we only hearing this from Fisher? Anonymous sources? If he said/did these things or not, Whedon's career power isn't there anymore. This still sounds to me like Fisher didn't like how things were going, and the rest of the cast was like "I support you... but". If someone actually happened, people need to say something.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
WB was going to put this guy in charge of a young actress on a Batgirl movie. What a freaking nightmare

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Why are we only hearing this from Fisher? Anonymous sources? If he said/did these things or not, Whedon's career power isn't there anymore. This still sounds to me like Fisher didn't like how things were going, and the rest of the cast was like "I support you... but". If someone actually happened, people need to say something.
Gal was open about the fact that she had issues with Whedon and supported Ray's push for the investigation. I think Jason Momoa voiced support too.

Jun 15, 2020
Firefly and Buffy were both very important to me. Seeing Whedon revealed has suckedddddd.

Did you mean to post this on the gaming side though?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is obvious creep shots in Justice League by Whedon.
The guy is a prick on that level too.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Gal was open about the fact that she had issues with Whedon and supported Ray's push for the investigation. I think Jason Momoa voiced support too.
I recall that. I just think we should start hearing specifics from voices. We hear actors refusing to work with James Cameron and video evidence of him abusing people and actors refusing to work with him again, we should be able to hear about this. When it all comes from Fisher, with no details, it comes off as he experienced a highly stressful, corporately messed with franchise shoot where they threw a new director at it, told everyone to make it pg and 2 hours long and it was hell and on top of that, a flop. Not ideal for any actor, but it seems he took it very personal.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.