• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2279

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week) and threadmaking privileges revoked: Hostility and creating a reaction thread
this is beyond embarrassing. tolerance doesn't mean tolerating bullshit snake oil when people are dying every godsdamned day because they're overdosing on fucking snake oil! facts matter, science matters. the truth matters.

we've seen the evidence every day since 2016, but especially in the last 18 months.

tolerance of willful, prideful ignorance is begging for a fate even worse than we're clawing our way up from now.

no, ripping someone apart because of their spirituality is not cool and plenty of nonsense is harmless. but plenty is poison!

if we as a community aren't even allowed to discuss how harmful and backwards some of what passes as "belief" is these days, then i don't want to be a part of this community.

edit: posted a reply but context
Post in thread 'I'm pretty baffled by how mainstream astrology etc. has become'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im...astrology-etc-has-become.491449/post-74147547

sorry for assuming everyone is as bored as me this sunday and scrolling through every first page.

Aug 30, 2020
This place is really more center than left. Keep that in mind. Not some hard science place. It's a bunch of comfortable people that aren't actively harmed by objectively poor / harmful decisions.

My S/O's friend believes in astrology and it is actively destructive to her life (misses life opportunities because of the date of someone's birth, puts off having a kid because of this too because the kid would be the wrong sign, etc).

Also the friend is antivax.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How on edge are you right now that whatever you're on about is a leaving matter, lol. go for a walk, do you something you enjoy doing. It's a lolworthy lock message but not really much worse than that.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are ways to get your point across.

Making a rage thread and daring the admins to ban you is not how you do it.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I don't necessarily agree with locking a discussion on whether or not astrology is problematic, but I think equating astrologists to anti-mask/vaxers is pretty clearly a false equivalence.

Deleted member 99254

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 21, 2021
People have reached for mysticism, soothsaying, and the promises of the charlatan during societal breakdowns for ages. It happens when science fails to provide a satisfactory answer about the future. Why do you take such umbridge with this OP?

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, if this is about the astrology thread i'm gonna need some concrete examples of astrology ruining peoples lives beyond "oh no i tried to date someone and they were super into astrology".

There is one historical example of modern astrology massively impacting everyone's lives i'm curious if it'll get brought up.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
On the list of stupid things people believe in, Astrology seems one of the least offensive tbh.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Astrology is an absolutely harmful pseudoscience and there's many MANY tht actually believe the visible light of some long dead stars actually dictates who they should even talk to.

Its not different in any way than any other belief taken to the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.