• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Protesters chained themselves to three vehicles which were used to block the intersection of Flinders and Swanston streets this morning, Victoria Police said.

Superintendent David Clayton said the protesters had not discussed their plans with police and put community safety at risk with "many people" unable to access vital services.

"There are five major trauma hospitals in the CBD, ambulances needed to be rerouted because of those intersections being closed," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04...st-blocks-trams-traffic-causes-chaos/10980056

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/12bffb34cc01f00997021055c8c6d79c

As if you need anymore reasons to continue to shit on vegans. Doing shit like this will just make more and more people hate them.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
This is only going to backfire on them. What were they thinking? Australia already has a large amount of apathy to Veganism at the best of times and now that's going to turn even further into mockery and ridicule.
I appreciate what they're trying to do, farming and livestock conditions around Australia can be fucking disgusting but they're hurting the message by going about this stupidly.

Edit: Here's the Doco, if they're going to do a silly job of advertising it than I may as well post it here. It's an animal cruelty doc so all the NSFW/NSFL warnings you can think of will apply. Watch with caution.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Title seems a tad hostile? I get this annoyed you, and your post comes across as someone who really really doesn't like vegans, but a few people doesn't represent a whole group.

Ventrue

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's probably counter-productive in terms of changing people's opinions. Setting that aside, it's a serious issue and I think it's worth inconveniencing people for. We cause animals extreme suffering.

Although, as noted, road blockages specifically are probably irresponsible due to the potential to delay ambulances.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The framing of this OP will not lead to productive discussion, and so we're closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.