• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
My friend and I game shared on PS4. We could easily access our respective game collections simultaneously. This was down through the primary account setting. On PS5 there are no primary account settings and instead there is a "game sharing and offline play" slider that allows a one way exchange of games. What this means is my friend has access to my games but I cannot access his or vice versa. This makes it extremely hard to play different games unlike how it was on ps4.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
My friend and I game shared on PS4. We could easily access our respective game collections simultaneously. This was down through the primary account setting. On PS5 there are no primary account settings and instead there is a "game sharing and offline play" slider that allows a one way exchange of games. What this means is my friend has access to my games but I cannot access his or vice versa. This makes it extremely hard to play different games unlike how it was on ps4.

Why cant he also enable that slider and pass the ball back to you so to speak?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This... Seems to work exactly the same?
For you to access someone else's library on PS4, your console also had to be their account's primary console.

Or, in this case, they need to enable that option for you.

OP
OP
DreamSurf

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Can you still play the shared game at the same time, though?
If the setting is enabled on the person who doesn't technically own the games. So depending on the game owner you need to swap back and forth. Also let's say he bought spiderman and I got demon souls we would be unable to play spiderman and demon souls at the same time because it would require us both to share at the same time.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really get it. How is this different than it was on the PS4 just with a new name? It was always "one-way". His console needs to be your primary system for him to access your library and yours needs to be his primary for you to access his.

OP
OP
DreamSurf

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
This... Seems to work exactly the same?
For you to access someone else's library on PS4, your console also had to be their account's primary console.

Or, in this case, they need to enable that option for you.
Its not you can only enable the sharing one way. I can play my friends games he cannot play mine. Before we could access the entirety of our librarys at the same time.

OP
OP
DreamSurf

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
FALSE ALARM. I AM INCORRECT IT WORKS BETTER ON PS5

We had a glitch where he couldn't enable the sharing on his console. It works now. Shut her down mods. (How do I request a closure)

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Crisis averted, but both Sony and MS should just give us a Steam-like family share system.

We shouldn't have to do these silly work-arounds.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure OP is wrong.

Edit: just read the part about the glitch. It would have been insane if they changed how that works.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Similar to game sharing, anyone know of word on PS Plus sharing? A friend has my ps4 account On their console as primary, and they do not have plus. But since I do, and my account is primary, they can play online on their account thanks to my Plus. Hoping this stays, cause getting games and subs at half price Thanks to them giving me half is too awesome, but something I'm prepared to lose.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This appears to have been a mistake. Thread locked at OPs request.

Status
Not open for further replies.