• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jpg

www.gamesindustry.biz

GamesIndustry.biz presents… The Year in Numbers 2020

Christmas looms like a slightly obscured beacon of relief in the murky fog that is 2020, and here to guide you along th…

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
People really like watching Minecraft and Roblox, huh? I can confirm a bit here, my kids watch or oy play those 2 games almost exclusively.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That basil plant got robbed!

Seriously though, looking at the mobile figures and how much of it is on iOS, it gets a bit weird when people belittle Apple's chances in the gaming market.
Still surprised they haven't taken it more seriously.

Jul 24, 2020
Japan is a beast at revenue in the mobile market.

Wow.

$21 billion for America and $16.4 billion for Japan.

China not far behind, but everyone else... very far behind.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima being all over this list just furthermore proves the point that a lot of ERA was heavily underestimating how much people love this game.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I still remember when people thought that FF7 was going to sell way more than AC initially even if maybe, possibly AC would sell more in the long run back when they were still releasing on the same day (or same week? or something, I can't remember now, but they were close to each other). Obviously, FF7 did well for itself and all, but it's clear AC was on another level. People want to downplay that and point to the pandemic being the boaster, but AC was on its way to being a megafranchise even before that and FF7 also released during the pandemic so clearly there's more at play than just that. A lot of people underestimated that one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Like there's a lot of crazy stats on there, but holy fuck that stat of FF14 being the most talked about game on Twitter. Game keeps on winning.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The mobile market is huge in Japan and even then the US one is bigger.

The Game Industry Pets chart is the best one clearly because some people consider stuffed animals and a roomba with googly-eyes as pets.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
I still remember when people thought that FF7 was going to sell way more than AC initially even if maybe, possibly AC would sell more in the long run back when they were still releasing on the same day (or same week? or something, I can't remember now, but they were close to each other). Obviously, FF7 did well for itself and all, but it's clear AC was on another level. People want to downplay that and point to the pandemic being the boaster, but AC was on its way to being a megafranchise even before that and FF7 also released during the pandemic so clearly there's more at play than just that. A lot of people underestimated that one.
I remember that thread. AC has sold more than FF7, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Last of Us Part II combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.