• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South

Quoting this article from GI.biz.

While critics were certainly pleased with the Xbox Series X|S, the praise was carefully measured and weighted with a handful of caveats. With PlayStation 5, it's unequivocal -- if you're looking for a taste of what the next generation of gaming will be like at this point in time, Sony is really the only choice.

Indeed, after reading more than a dozen product reviews, there was only one major complaint -- but that complaint was present in almost every article. In short, the PlayStation 5 is huge and, to many reviewers, not especially attractive. The Daily Telegraph's Dan Silver was more forceful in his displeasure with Sony's industrial design than most.

PS5 is humongous, not only in size, lmao.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Feel like the tweet from shu should be in the body, not the title and that the focus should be on the games industry.biz article

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
In Japan I was under the impression smaller was always better as physical space is at a premium. Maybe things have changed.

Streusel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 28, 2017
i thought Greenberg was the only person making comments like this and Xbox should have fired him long ago for his behaviour?

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Secret sauce!

Edit: I am slightly bummed that the Xbox dash is pretty much the same, and I've always liked the Xbox dash... But that PS5 UI is just gorgeous.

Conan

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title makes this look like something shuhei said but isn't he just quoting the article?

Oct 27, 2017
Just so no one is confused; Shu didn't say or type that, it's from the article that he is quoting in his tweet. I really think Shu's tweet should've been omitted from the OP.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I made a baaad mistake thinking console wars were all but over lol. This gen is starting with some fire.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Sony would have this in the bag if they were able to successfully pull off BC for the entire PS library. A dream, but I'm hopeful.

Xbox definitely making waves though, would not count them out. Especially with their studio buying crusade.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Well yeah... even though I am picking up the series x tomorrow I am more psyched for the ps5 for giving me a fresher experience with a new ui and controller features whilst xbox stuck with pretty much same ui and controller functions.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Shuhei "Critics Agree" Yoshida and
Aaron "X Gon Give it to Ya" Greenberg are about to meet in the Octagon.

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
He's quoting the subtitle of the GI article.

MWx9S8r.png

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Sony making Xbox comparisons for the first time shows they are scared about Xbox, they usually just let the games do the talking.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This thread is gonna be a doozy. Can't wait.

I think both systems are truly fantastic - and they're both bringing lots of power and finally SSD as standard.

But PS5's super-speed SSD, Dualsense controller, and new menu->gameplay enhancements feel very cool and unique.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
This thread screams console wars, I don't think anything productive will come from this.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Sony making Xbox comparisons for the first time shows they are scared about Xbox, they usually just let the games do the talking.

I don't know if this is absolutely true, but it certainly sounds right to me. Sony spent an entire generation not having to give MS a second thought, and now I think they actually have a real competitor again.

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
Is gi.biz an unbiased source? Tried looking at their report card and did not find a positive Xbox article but multiple positive PlayStation articles

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So this is just a standalone ps5 review topic that you are trying to wrap up as news because an exec linked it, huh.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
People definitely seem to be praising the immediate next-gen feel of the PS5, but this tweet could age like milk if comparisons start to regularly weigh in favor of XSX for 3rd party games. That doesn't take anything away from the PS5 though, it still sounds like an awesome machine.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Shuhei Yoshida didn't say that, Matthew Handrahan at gamesindustry.biz did.

People in here talking about Aarong Greenberg like c'mon, don't be that stupid.

I dunno, maybe read the OP?

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
He is not lying when we discuss the most important aspect of a console: games!

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Why do we have to compete all the time?

It is crystal clear more than never that both companies are going their own way. My personal advice is grab both consoles if you can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.