• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2019
Every 15 year old to 20-something has memories of playing Super Mario 64 on their Nintendo 64 as a kid, and every PokeKid remembers their first Pokemon game which invariably comes from the GameBoy line, and every Dungeon Master will shill Baldur's Gate to you as a pinnacle of RPG storytelling. Then there's just some games that you just don't talk about -- maybe don't even remember playing -- that, when you suddenly and unexpectedly encounter them again later in life you suddenly find yourself overwhelmed with childhood memories of Glover or Thrillville: Off the Rails...

And then there's some games you just cannot remember beyond some isolated but vivid memories of playing them as a kid, and this thread is just for those memories, and for other people to help fill the blanks.

As a child I was raised by my great aunt who spoiled me silly; she was a nurse, it was her nature to be nurturing. It was also, however, her nature to be overbearing about anything and everything hygiene. Supporting my gaming habits and promoting good hygiene mixed one day when she brought me home a game that was handed out at St. Mary's; a fighting game(?) where every character is a germ and every stage is a visceral and gross image of sick people and infected insides, tolerable only by their unchecked cartoonishness, that sought to teach you about washing your hands. I cannot find it anywhere online, and I'm not entirely convinced I'm not the only person to ever play the game ever.

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
I have vague memories of a PlayStation 2 game. It was a JRPG (probably). I don't remember the protagonist, but I do remember his sidekick/companion.

A talking guitar with a sword embedded in its neck, like one of those sword canes.

OP
OP
IsaOfTheWorlds
Mar 19, 2019
I have vague memories of a PlayStation 2 game. It was a JRPG (probably). I don't remember the protagonist, but I do remember his sidekick/companion.

A talking guitar with a sword embedded in its neck, like one of those sword canes.
Ephemeral_Fantasia_North_American_PS2_box_art.jpg

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm still trying to find out a PC Rally/Off-road game I played as a kid. Looked for ages but still haven't found it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i think there's already a mega thread like this

www.resetera.com

Games you remember, names you don't

Reviving this great thread for the new era: Have you ever thought of a game but don't remember the title? Maybe it was a game from your childhood, or something that interested you when it was announced but you forgot about it? Describe these games as best as you can and let's see if we can help...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was this old-ass kids computer game. On the cover was a picture of this dude who had like a genie tail, and you play as a kid going to sleep then you enter a dream world. And you can customize your character to stuff like a football helmet.

There's also a browser-based dinosaur game where you play as a dinosaur from being tiny to being an adult

Mosaica

May 22, 2019

Okay, time to see how much a copy goes for. Wikipedia says it was a flop, but I've played worse.

Edit: How 'bout this? I remember an Adventure game we had in Kindergarten. It was very cartoony, and I want to say it was about the cardiovascular system (there was at least a river of blood.)
That's all I've got to go off of.

OP
OP
IsaOfTheWorlds
Mar 19, 2019
i think there's already a mega thread like this

www.resetera.com

Games you remember, names you don't

Reviving this great thread for the new era: Have you ever thought of a game but don't remember the title? Maybe it was a game from your childhood, or something that interested you when it was announced but you forgot about it? Describe these games as best as you can and let's see if we can help...
There's a really good subreddit for this kind of thing called r/tipofmyjoystick

Damn, really are no new ideas anymore are there? Guess I'll have to wait until the mods hit me with the Archived-Thread stick if I can't shut this down myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.